Monday, November 10, 2008

I said, "No".

Hubby asked this weekend about training me again. As soon as he asked, a sick feeling came over me. It's hard to describe but, I just couldn't face up to it. It wasn't horrible the last time, I just didn't lose anything. I hated all the work I was putting into it, only to get a little toner (hell, I can do that myself). I also hated feeling like I was so restricted from the foods I love. When I was losing weight before, I had a regime with the ability to splurge...even daily, if I chose to. So, I declined and he was totally bummed (although he didn't say so initially). I just want to do this myself when I'm ready, and for the most part, I'm ready. I've done okay today and will do the best I can each day. When I slip up, there's always tomorrow. Perhaps when I'm closer to my goal (whenever that is), I'll request his help for plateau breaking.

I've been re-watching the Matrix movies. Some of the dialogue was and still is extra cheesy. The action and concepts? Still, spectacular! I don't think anything has come close to duplicating it, yet. Nearly ten years ago since the first movie's release (can you believe it?!), our special effects are ten times what they were then and yet, we're still in the land of remakes. What gives? Why do I have to be subjected to re-dos of classics. They're classics, for goodness sakes. Leave 'em alone!

My oldest, the Babe, is developing her boobies. Oh, God! When did that happen? She mentioned a training bra in the store, yesterday. When her dad teased her about it, she said, "Mind your own business, daddy. This is woman talk." Well, I thought she was just blowing off steam, and didn't think too much about it. Then, last night as she was hugging me for bed, I brushed her chest lightly and noticed a bump. I made a mental note to see for myself this morning.

I can't believe I did that, but it was certainly necessary. As she got ready in the bathroom today, I had her turn around. Sure enough, little buds are on the rise. She's 8, for goodness sakes! Oh, man. It's a good thing that, Are you there, God? It's Me, Margaret. is on my roster for her to read within the next two months (She started on Iggie's House this morning). I didn't start my period until two years after my breasts appeared (a whole C-cup at ten, thank you very much). It can't hurt for her to be aware of this, now.

I suppose I know how I missed it. She's been getting ready on her own in the mornings for a bit, but I still help out with the occasional baths (she typically takes showers). I guess a lot can happen in a short period of time. She's been wearing deodorant since she was six. Now, I'm wondering if a razor isn't needed under the arms. I guess I better check all that out, too.

How about a training bra as a Christmas gift? Do you think that will score me points? Hopefully, she won't need one before then.

3 comments:

Dee said...

oh wow
a lot's been happening
I think I started around the 5th grade with the training bra but nothing much happened after that

As for those matrix movies--RocketMan finally saw them and it's changed his life!

Enchantress said...

It's such an awkward time for girls (can't speak for the boys, but I guess that's tough, too). I just remember with the development came the "ugly" stage. Phew, and I was rough! By twelve, I thought there was no hope left. I suppose positive reinforcement is the mantra for the next few years.

What took him so long?!

Icey said...

We haev switched to a mostly organic diet because babe is developing too and just turned 7. She is so not mentally ready for boobs and stuff.

Little girls do get a little fonky. Babe has been wearing deoderant since last year lol