Monday, December 01, 2008

Recovering Cough Addict


Yep! That's me in a nutshell. In my Monday school essay of, "How Did You Spend Your Thanksgiving," I would begin with, "First, I took a dose of Vicks Formula 44." The cold crept in on Tuesday and I got to work, only to find that one of my coworkers had one too...well, truthfully, his looked more like a sinus infection. Anyway, he was miserable and on Zicam while I was miserable and on nothing. By Tuesday night, the Vicks was in full effect and I was in sedation-land. I spent Wednesday fussing at my kids for getting on my nerves and getting into everything. Truth be told, I have much more fun with nothing to do than they do. I did make the waffles and despite my sickness, they were terrific!

Thursday, hubby was home and helped with kid management a bit before he went to the gym. When he came back, it was pretty much time to go and I was feeling crappy. The meal was divine (as was expected): Turkey, cornbread dressing, sweet potatoes, squash, brown rice, macaroni and cheese, turkey gravy, collard greens and apple tarts with caramel for dessert. Yum! My girlfriend and her hubby made their appearance. She seemed very happy with the spread (I hope it wasn't an act). :)

We cleaned up (hubby on wash and it was beautiful), then settled in for a movie. Hubby was ready to go a lot earlier than I expected (but, to be fair, my sister was acting extra "special" and he could only take so much). We left at around seven and went to bed almost immediately. Friday, I found things for the girls to do, which gave me time to rest. Saturday, it was more of the same. I knew my vacation was coming to a close and felt bad that I'd spent most of it hacking and regurgitating through most of it. I wonder if my coworker was in the same boat? Guess I'll find out later today.

Tomorrow begins the interviews. We will be bringing someone in who will supervise us. It's weird to me because I've worked for my boss for nearly eight years. Now, someone else will be hired to supervise and guess who'll most likely train him/her? I'm not sure how I feel about that. Truth be told, I could have applied for the position...but I did not want to give up my telecommuting option. That's been too good and I can't stop now. I'm praying that whomever we hire is a kindred spirit and will work out for us...all of us. My sick coworker thinks that they'll be moving my boss into some sort of non-managerial spot. I wonder if this is true? Hubby says that if this does happen, he hopes it's somewhere that's needed a not a position that they'll phase out in months because of "management changes". That would be very sad.

4 comments:

Dee said...

re Hubby was ready to go a lot earlier than I expected (but, to be fair, my sister was acting extra "special" and he could only take so much)

I like that you understood that he could only take so much. Does he reciprocate? I sure hope so.

This caused a big fight last Sunday and I'm still wondering how I could have finessed it better without certain people thinking I hate their family and look down on them.

Enchantress said...

GC - Being honest is best, even if it stings. The tact and finesse will certainly come with time, but a few feelings may be injured initially. Hubby's family wasn't sure what to make of me (and I think they still don't) but, I can only be me and they just have to accept that (or not). As long as he loves and accepts me, that's all I can worry about.

Icey said...

Fell better Enchantress!! being sick on vacation sucks sooo bad!

Enchantress said...

Icey - You said it, Icey!