Friday, December 05, 2008

Still Fighting...

I didn't sleep well at all last night. The night before, I felt like things were finally improving. I don't know if our being out and about in the cold last night set me back or what. All I know is that I started work an hour later and my head is killing me from coughing so much. I don't know if I can deal with another week of this, but I also don't want to go to the doctor just for codeine cough medicine. I'm switching up the drugs to see if it makes a difference. We'll see.

The weekend looks pretty promising. Hubby is off for the next few days, so I'm happy he'll be around. The other day, he did what he says he'll never do again (he ends up doing it almost every year); he climbed up on the roof and hung up Christmas lights. They are lovely! Blue icicle lights from the roof this year, white and blue lights on our trees, a fiber optic tree outside next to our garage and a Charlie Brown/Snoopy door ornament. He did good this year. I'll post pictures when I can.

Our newest dog got a new toy last night. We could hear her growling and playing with it for hours. I hope it lasts. Hubby says we should have bought two or three more like it, since she seems to chew up everything we buy her (ropes, tires, squeakies, etc...). So far, there are lots of teeth marks and I haven't found any little bits all over the floor.

Only two more weeks of work after today. Woohoo! Hope my cold is gone by Christmas.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Oh no, I hope you feel better soon. I got the flu at the end of last week, so I know how you must be feeling.

I think it's in man DNA to put up Christmas lights. D did the same thing after promising "I'll never do that again!"

Enchantress said...

Lol! Well, get ready...if he's doing it now, he'll go completely nutty when the kids come. :) A year is your plan, right? (wink, wink)