Monday, December 08, 2008

Is there a way to extend weekends?!

They seem to be getting shorter and shorter. This weekend seemed to blink out of existence! What will happen when I get my Christmas time off? Will that be gone in a millisecond, too? Hubby was home and we decided to have family time, rather than go to the adult party we were invited to. It was so worth it! We ate (too much), played and watched lots of holiday movies, and a few we hadn't seen because of kid/home/work responsibilities. We talked about how good things are and how open we've become with each other. He mentions things in terms of "when we were apart" which always sends a shudder down my spine. Was it just a month and a half ago?

A Christmas favorite was in the player last night; Home Alone. Still a classic and a first-time watch for my two-year old who kept telling me about the "owies" the burglars had. It was pretty cute. The other night, we watched Toy Story (another first for Indy). Now, she keeps asking about "the cowboy" and "the toys". I wonder if she's of the belief that her toys come to life, now? I used to think that was the case before the movie ever came out.

I'm playing the Sims again. Ugh! That game is the devil! I'm better at stopping and saving, but I'm still playing it a lot more than I should. I try to find time when the kids and hubby aren't around so that I'm not accused of using family time for "game" time. (I used to fuss at hubby about being on the computer when I wanted to spend time with him.) I can't have him accusing me of doing the same. Anyway, I played this weekend and will probably play during the Christmas break when the kids are sleeping. It's so addictive! My neighbor said she was addicted to the PC version. I can't imagine ever getting off the computer if I had it. There are so many upgrades!

It's baking season and all I've baked are packaged cookies from my daughter's fundraiser this year. Where are the cakes? Where are the pies? I've got to get cracking! Oh, and there's still a small treasury of Halloween candy (so sad). Hubby purchased packages upon packages of Ghiradelli and now I'm afraid I'm going to grow to the size of a small barge! What's a girl to do?

3 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Hey M

Glad to hear you and the Hubby are back where it's good. Happy Holidays; I'm sure you'll get round to the baking!

rn x

Enchantress said...

Thanks muchly. I hope things finally settle down for you. I'm hoping the madness is transformed into happiness for the year 2009. You surely deserve it!

Dee said...

the weekend seems short because you packed so much fun in it!