Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Little Man has No Neck

Hubby has been working away from his regular work-site in an office setting for the past week. It's been "a learning experience" he says, but he also complains of boredom. I understand, honey. Anyway, he wore business casual the first day, his uniform that last two days, and business today and by business I mean he pulled out a dress-shirt and tie (yummy). The pants, unimportant. The shirt? An eggplant, long sleeve button-up with a starch-pressed collar. He pulled out the tie he wanted to wear last night. I had to help him tie it to prep for today (he's not a regular tie wearer, as you may have guessed). A half-Windsor knot, anyone?

We agreed to have lunch together today and I truly believe he was more excited about it than I was. It was so cute! He called to see where I was five minutes before our designated meet time. I was just around the corner, at this point. I scooped him up and we headed for a restaurant we hadn't tried before. When we got there, he took off his leather jacket and I saw him in all his splendor. I got one handsome man living with me, dang it! He doesn't accept compliments well because he doesn't really believe people when they tell him how awesome he is (silly man). He gave me a pitiful thank you, when I told him how dashing he looked then preceded to tell me that he was having wardrobe trouble this morning and that I was lucky to see him looking as decent as he was. It seems he hasn't worn the shirt for a while (no surprise here). When he got finished working out at the gym this morning, showered, then tried to dress in the business duds, he couldn't button the top button of his shirt.

"I was pretty much strangling myself," he said.

He ended up asking for help from one of his coworkers who had to perform the daring task. It's lucky that button didn't pop off and take out an eye! Despite all the trouble, I'm still reeling over how good he looked. He looks even better in a suit (another rare event).

Lunch was lovely at this quaint Chinese restaurant. Orange chicken with steamed brown rice, and egg roll and seafood chowder. I definitely had leftovers and will probably sup on those this evening for dinner. I really don't want to cook. The kids can have hot dogs (I'm such a concerned mother...wink, wink). We talked about work, current events and our own lives. It was the nicest lunch we've had in a long time. I told him he was my favorite person to dine with...

"Accept for your boyfriends, right?"

Snicker, snicker. Hubby's got jokes. He corrected himself and called them boy-toys. Still a negative, hubby.

Tonight's gymnastics night and I still need to go to the store and buy Bath and Body Works stuff for my mother in law (they don't have one where she lives). That should be an adventure. When we went to the mall on Saturday and entered that store, I quickly grabbed the Babe's hand and headed back out. The lines stretched all the way back to the entrance. Too nuts for me! Tonight should be a bit better, right? We'll see.

It's time to wrap all those presents I've been stashing away in my room since October. That's the plan for Saturday. I'll have to do Hubby's only, since he likes wrapping the children's gifts together. It's a race against time! How many presents can I wrap during their nap time? The babe sleeps an hour max, these days. Too bad I can't send her outside to play (see our forecast for the weekend).


2 comments:

Dee said...

no bath and body works?!!! I know that's not what your post was about but that one got me--they finally put in a body shop at the nearest mall.
But anyway--a suit, how cute.
:)

Enchantress said...

Yes! It's really quite sad. She lives in a town so small that they have one local grocer (who charges way too much) and the closest mall (and Wal-Mart, for that matter) is an hour away. It's easier for her to just wait for me to buy the goodies at Christmas.

Oh, man! We don't even have a body shop here! There's one in Salt Lake, but I haven't been in years. Love that place.