Tuesday, September 04, 2007

More Eventful Than Previously Stated

You know, in thinking about the weekend, it was much more eventful than I indicated in my last post. Aside from the blow-up hubby and I endured, we really had some major happenings occur. For instance, my computer decided that it would reboot over and over again in a cycle and never actually start up (the desktop). So, I got on my laptop to try and troubleshoot the issues. Of course, it wasn't a simple solution but a scary one that involves me begging and pleading with my computer friends to teach me how to back up my files before the drive crashes completely. Long story short? We bought another computer, yesterday. Now, I've got to figure out how to install the wireless modem on the new one, without involving technical support hosted by our friends across the pond; I don' t have a problem with who's hosting, just the language barrier issues...especially when it comes to setting up your livelihood.

Hubby is all about the finishing up of the basement in a hurry, now that our 52" television is now gone (sold for a nice profit). Indy is all about Elmo right now and watching it in our room is just not the same. She doesn't even have to say it (which she can't) but, we can tell. We're looking for a flat, LCD because plasmas aren't in the picture for us, at least not for another ten years or so. Those things are trouble from the jump and I need a t.v. that's gonna last.

So, today is another one of those days where the random friend comes over and helps move us a little closer to the ultimate goal. I keep thinking it will be winter before this happens because it just seems like there's always something to stall the progress, just when we think we're making headway. (Another set back, Buying the new computer has probably set us back on getting patio furniture this year. Bummer.) Will I ever walk on my treadmill/elliptical trainer again?

Hubby and I got it all figured out from yesterday's blow-up. He claims that he didn't bring work stress home and, in the past, he has been really good at not doing this. I can't say the same; however, I think he brought at least a smidgen of it home with him. I can't imagine where that came from, but oh well.

2 comments:

Dee said...

congrats on your shiny new pc!
wooo hoo
have you named it yet?

Enchantress said...

We haven't begun the bonding experience, but I'll let you know. :)