Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Black on White May Help

Going on and on with my little tangent yesterday must have made a difference...at least, somewhat. When I got home, hubby was working in the yard with the Babe so, I joined in where I could. Not exactly walking in the park, but activity nonetheless. By the time we were done, it was going on 6:00pm and the kids were hungry. Hubby suggested picking something up and then taking it to the park to eat. This wasn't really a practical idea on a school night, so we went out to dinner at a buffet (with coupon!) instead.

Let's just say I enjoyed myself a little too much. By my third trip up, I knew I had blown it for the day (the third trip, by the way, was to the dessert bar so, I 'm doing better than others). Chicken Parmigiana, bread sticks, butterfly fried shrimp, veggie rice, chocolate chip cookies, double fudge brownies. It was a really exceptional Tuesday night dinner and my body was quick to judge me for it.

Afterwards, we strolled around a department store that was located in the same parking lot. I ended up getting a pair of sandals, since my other ones broke on the way to my car last night. I was really bummed. They were lovely, even if they were from Payless. We also bought Indy another Elmo DVD. Potty Time Elmo, or something like that. It might as well be worth while, if we're buying a DVD for a toddler.

When we got home it was "get the kids ready for bed and reading time". It was also, pull-the-left-incisor-tooth-from-the-babe's-mouth time, too. She lost most of her baby teeth last year, but there are still a few left. It wasn't as stressful as in times before thank goodness. She woke up with a nice, new dollar this morning. I think I'll ask her for a loan.

This morning, I woke up to work and was almost done when I decided, "I'm going to do my workout," and I did. Twenty minutes later, I had done a small workout and had broken a mild sweat. It's a start and, I figure, it will help get today started right and maybe make up for yesterday's damage. I felt really good afterward (as I always do after a workout, but apparently, that's not enough) and totally ready for the day. I've really got to get back into a more regular schedule. Truly!

My trip back East is coming up in less than a week. I've been invited to two events, not involving my best friend and I'm feeling a little guilty about them. I get there on Tuesday and I suppose we'll see each other in the evening. She'll be working everyday I'm there except Friday and Saturday (she could only take one day off...odd, I know...and we only see each other once a year). My friends want to have dinner with me one of those night, then there's this thing on Saturday. I feel like I'm cutting into the time I should be spending with my best friend. Now, why should I feel guilty? I'm sinking a lot of money into this trip that I really do not have and I should be able to see all the people I want to but the guilt is really weighing on me. I suppose I need to just talk to her about it and let her know how I'm feeling. I know she's going through her own stressors and I don't want to add to them, dumping my guilt issues her way.

I did ask her to stay in the same hotel with me, so that I could monopolize and maximize the time I have with her and she agreed. Maybe she'll be missing her husband and will want some time away. Yeah, I know. I'll talk to her.

In other news, my friend from high school sent me an email that she's getting divorced. I feel bad about her situation, but she seems in good spirits. She had her first child last year. I hope this divorce isn't rushed.

1 comment:

Dee said...

all the best to your soon-to-be single friend. I hope the negotiations don't but a dent in her seemingly positive outlook.