Thursday, April 12, 2007

Naturally Me


I'm going to do it. I really am...a little scary, but I'm going to do it. I'm going natural. Yes, I had the opportunity before...full head of natural hair, just after having Indy. Now, it's all processed to hell. I've learned my lesson and, unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way. Sometimes it's the best way.

I've been researching and reading up on the best ways to transition. As I suspected, the braids method is the least stressful, so they're going back in at the end of the month. I've even picked out what I'm going to do and I've decided to be a bit daring (well, daring for me). I've picked a unique color blend that will hopefully scream spring/summer and youth. We'll see.

I created this post a few days ago and much has happened since then. I will repost in a few moments with the details of my tumultuous life.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Visiting from Radio Ventroloquist! I would be interested to know how the hair plan goes as I lost a patch of hair in the top of my head 2 years ago and stopped the perms...After wearing braids for a year or more, I found my hair weak and still thin. Right now I am so disgusted, I cannot wait to get back to the U.S. and my sister's salon so I can get a perm...( She is refusing to perm me, saying I should continue to let it grow naturally)

Enchantress said...

Hi, Jerseytjej! Braids keep the heat and chemicals away, but the stress is still there. Gentleness is the key. I know that I saw the most growth with micro braids; however, I rarely have 5 hours just to sit.

Where do you live? Is it very dry? Do you moisturize? I've also found that products containing petroleum and mineral oil are horrible for your hair. Over the past year or so, I've been purchasing more organic/natural items and they seem to do quite nicely. Thanks for stopping by! I'll keep you posted. :)