Monday, May 01, 2006

First of the Month, First of the Week



What I'm wearing - a pin striped suit (top and skirt) with 3 inch sandals
What I'm listening too, right now - The theme to "Foxy Brown" by Willie Hutch (I'm totally feeling "foxy")
What I'm eating - South Beach breakfast wrap (Denver omelet)
What I'm drinking - A thirty-two ounce mug of carb options tea (no calorie water/flavored)
Idea on my mind - Focus on the prize...you're going to be fabulous again before you know it!

So, Thursday afternoon, I went to the nail salon and got the hands done. It was definitely worth the $30 (tip and gel seal included) to get my hands looking good again. Hubby loves it and when I got home, he'd purchased a new ring for my lovely hands. What a sweetheart! I think it's a citrine. It's probably 7 or 8 carats...huge, and gorgeous. I ordered a mystic topaz from eBay that should also be stunning. I love jewelry; fake or real, it doesn't really matter to me. As long as it's beautiful.

After I got home from the nail appointment, we washed cars and got them looking spring-ready. It's amazing the crap that accumulates under one's car seats during the winter. Some items were totally unidentifiable. Ewww! I think we took the weather for granted because my girls were not doing well on Friday. They both had the sniffles and my oldest was coughing and wheezing like crazy. I finally had her sit in my bathroom with the shower on it's hottest setting (for the steam). She was instructed to take a lot of deep breaths. Afterwards, I gave her some proventil and had her rest on the couch. That made a huge difference in how she was feeling. Indy seemed to get over it just as fast as she got it. Wow, the difference in my kids...even in their health.

Saturday, I went grocery shopping for the week. My motivation had returned some and I was gearing up for doing my menus again. That way, there's no way to eat unless you cook. Aside from that, there are only healthy snacks. When my mother-in-law comes to visit, I have a feeling she's going to say, "Ya'll don't have any food," simply because we don't have the things normal people eat like chips, candy, cookies, and pig's feet. (Oh, those probably aren't normal to everyone)

Sunday, I got up and preped our meal for the day - a slow cooked barbecue stew. We went to church, came home (it's amazing how a crockpot can make your house smell so good) and I made breakfast. After which, we all took a nap. It was so nice to get a little extra sleep in. Most times, I try to get things done that I can't get done when the kids are awake. This time, I slept and I was grateful. Once we woke up, I finished preparing the dinner and we sat down to eat. Wonderful! That's one I'll be doing again.

Today, we're in the midst of being "reviewed" by a national agency (hence the pin-stripe suit and heals). My department's meeting is later this afternoon at 3:00. I'll probably get nervous at around 2:50...just before showtime...typical for me.

I hope to get on the elliptical or treadmill tonight. Truly, I don't like working out in the evening, but until Indy is sleeping all the way through, I really don't have a choice. Patience is a virtue, right?

No comments: