Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer Activities

We haven't done the family swim thing, yet, but we're planning to. We also want to participate in this year's fair and the ever popular balloon festival. I'm also trying to plan the Babe's birthday party (which will come in the form of a "slumber" theme this year). Oy! I must be out of my mind. A bunch of pre-adolescents running around my house, eating everything in site. I did, however, decide that she'd only have two or three girls over (not a whole posse).

Dance camp starts next week and the Babe has been bugging me mercilessly about it. Today, the director sent the schedule and I had her read it on my computer. Now, at least, she knows when it is and what to expect. There is a "celebrity" teacher being brought in and the parents sure felt it with the cost of the camp ($130 for two days). Yeah, we must love this kid.

I've been subjecting(?) my kids to movies and shows from my childhood. Right now, they are watching The Wonderful World of Strawberry Shortcake. Not that tart that's out now, but the cute, floppy-hat Strawberry from the 80's. My youngest is completely enchanted...my oldest loves the music more so than the stories (I think Strawberry is 6 or 7 years old, so it's understandable). Last night, we watched Steve Martin's, All of Me. (The babe is a huge fan of The Jerk; "You mean, I'm going to stay this color?!).

I'd forgotten how funny it is! We just laughed and laughed. It's been a lot of fun, cashing in on mom's Net.flix account and being nostalgic with my eldest.

Work is pretty much the usual. I'm getting anxious about hiring folks. It just seems to sit, sit, and sit. Why is it so hard? We have applications and interviews, then nothing. It's gotta happen before the fall rush. It's the same every year; September= a flood of students. All the time anytime still means people believe school starts in September.

2 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

I got All Of Me for Christmas the year it came out on VHS. It's still one of my favourite movies; right alongside with Tootsie and The Wizard Of Oz.

Put Edwina...Back in bowl!

I'm talking to a bucket.

Still cracks me up!

Miss Construed... said...

Procka!