Thursday, July 09, 2009

A Peak Into the Future

Tuesday night, hubby and I watched Push. It was a fairly decent, character Sci-Fi that could have used a little help in some places. The idea was a good one, though, revolving around extreme testing on psychics. The next day (yesterday) was my all-staff meeting, so I had to drive into town. It was the normal speech, along with the announcement of our yearly bonus (woohoo). Afterwards, I was ready to bust outta there but couldn't because the person who was supposed to have the parking validations, didn't have them. Nice.

So, I'm standing around with coworkers talking, when we notice that there are caricature artists. Really? My girlfriend and I run over to have our picture drawn. It was too much fun and the artist seemed to enjoy our goofiness. Over the hedge, we could see people sitting with a folks. One lady had cards. Tarot? Do we dare? But of course!

Picture drawn, we headed over to the line to wait for our fortune-telling session. There were two tables; one featured a very large lady with a massive deck of cards, the other was a gentleman who used no paraphernalia to speak of. Those of us in line chatted, while we waited for our turn. In my mind, I hoped to speak to the guy, rather than the lady. Intuition? Who knows. I just felt I'd get a better answer from him.

My turn arose and I sat in front of the middle-aged gentleman with silver-hair and a medium build. He took my right hand into both of his and introduced himself. I returned with my own name and we began.

"You have a light around you...a wonderful light and I can see you're surrounded by love." (so far, so good...) "You, yourself have a lot of love to give."

We go on and I tell him my question/statement; that I'm at a crossroads and I'm not sure which way to go or what to do, at this point. He basically tells me that I need to throw logic out the door and go with my heart. That logic isn't what's going to give me what I want. He said that my angels were telling his angels that I could have whatever I wanted. (Really??) He said that I had talents to share and that I should share my talents and not be afraid too (I took this as letting go of my inhibitions, which I never do). He told me, again, that I have a lot of love to give and that I should do so freely. He also said that I'm in a mode of study and that the things I am learning now, are what I will need when I do what I'm going to do (which, he said, I already know what I want to do). I have to send it out and make it known so that I can be "assisted" in that direction.

How eye-opening! It's interesting because I don't put much stock into such things, but I was actively listening with my ears and with my heart. It was good to hear and I needed to hear it. Hubby tells me all the time that I "hold back" and I know that I do (upbringing). Was confirmation from a third-party what I needed to get me moving? Will I really move past this "dead zone" in my life? I have to say, too, that I loved the terminology he used; Christian references. It set my mind at ease. My girlfriend felt good about hers, too.

No comments: