Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Reading Books...for real?


Yep! I can't even believe it myself. My ex coworker bought me the text you see to the left for my Christmas present. I started the book in June, but haven't had a "full steam ahead" burst to finish it. I'm on chapter 20 or so, but as you can see, that probably hits the first third of the book (not very far along at all). It's about the famous Count Drakul the Impaler and his exploits in history. Seems the Count has resurfaced and we should all be on our guard. There is a lot of traveling, historical references and long diatribes. I've found the book interesting, but definitely not one that I'm having trouble putting down.

Because of all the noise about the book on the right, I decided I needed to be "in the know" before the movie comes out this fall. I'm a fan of the vampires, so I thought I'd give it a go. So far, so good. I'm on about chapter 5 or 6 and moving along nicely. There are other books in the series so, I'll probably purchase those as well (I would have checked this book out from the library, but the catalog online indicated that a return date was "undetermined". This usually means several people have it on hold and who knows how many people are standing in line to read this). I can already understand why there's such excitement around it. Everyone loves and underdog (and that's all I'll say).

I'm planning a date for me and hubby this weekend. Not sure how I ended up as the planner. Just last week, he was planning and asked if I could get my sister to watch our kids. She couldn't because she had a date...plans squashed. Now, she's able to watch them this weekend and I have no idea what we're going to do. I think we'll finally see the great Bat but I can't find movie times (I don't think they'll be posted until tomorrow). And dinner? Huh! With the plan hubby has me on, I'll be lucky if I can eat anything that didn't have a pulse at one point. Perhaps we can go to the "all-you-can-meat" Brazilian restaurant. From what I hear, they visit your table with an assorted array of meats that you can just eat, and eat, and eat. Oh, my kingdom for a slice of bread!

No comments: