Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A New Dog and He Paces

We drove nearly an hour south of home to pick up our new dog, yesterday. He's gorgeous! Friendly, obedient, lovable and playful our current dog has definitely found a new friend. Unfortunately, our new addition was having a time adjusting to his new surroundings last night, so he paced and paced and paced. It's not cool to wake up several times a night to the sound of huge feet trotting along through your house sounding like a big-butt horse. Hubby and I also weren't thrilled to wake up to big Mastiff eyes bearing down upon us as if to say, "Where's my mommy?" He should settle in, I hope, over the next few days.

In other news, hubby isn't nearly as nervous about his up coming show as he was the last show. He's low carbing, but not insanely like last time. His temper is more even and he doesn't seem to have the ego that came with the last time (not sure what that was about). I checked the weather and it's supposed to be snowing in Tacoma this weekend. So much for looking like "spring youth" when we go. I'll probably have to pack my snow boots and trench coat. So sexy! I so wanted to wear my cute duds, but I don't do the "cute and cold" bit anymore. Gone are my college days.

I'm getting anxious about what may happen with my work situation. I'm hoping I'll get approved for full-time telecommuting at the end of the month. My boss's new boss, however, doesn't seem like the understanding "family friendly" type and I'm hoping I don't have to go back to the office. I think I may have to leave my job if that happens, not because of the work itself, but because (after all this time) my own boss may not fight for me to have this opportunity. I wouldn't be able to stand that. Pray for me!

5 comments:

Icey said...

Dogs are like having another child to care for. We have one and that one is too much work! lol

Man, yall are still getting FRESH snow? And it is mid-April?? I would be sick!

Hope you guys have fun!

Enchantress said...

They sure are, that's why I refuse to have a puppy again. Our new one is house trained and can understand commands. We've been fortunate so far (although, he did destroy one of Indy's babies las night. We're going to have to get him a raw-hide bone or something). ;)

Yeah, it's typical. We usually have two or three storms in mid-April, then we're done. Last night we were happy to get it because the air was so dirty. Once the rain and snow left, it was absolutely beautiful! I will, however, be happy to have our 70 degree days again. ;)

Dee said...

congrats on the new dog
and all the best with the job
I think things will work out for the best
;)

Icey said...

Heck you have it pretty easy then, already house broken and listens to commands! SCORE!

Miss Construed... said...

Is the new dog a pup or half-grown already?

Where did you get him at; an animal shelter?

Ps Glad to hear you and Hubby are going okay again, M. Best of luck on that front.

x