Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's Funny How People Think

We've been going through some major IT stuff at work. The regular folks who were part of the implementation team performed all this testing and work with inactive data. I guess they all thought that because the testing worked, everything would function with no trouble once the live data was inserted. Isn't it funny how people think?

Many problems later, I'm still running around like a mad woman with apologies dragging behind me. "We're sorry you don't have what you need," "Everything should be up and running again tomorrow," "Can you tell me what you were doing when you got that error?" It's been nothing but good times for two weeks. I need a vacation.

Speaking of vacations, we may have to revisit ours in a couple of weeks if we don't find flights soon. The prices are outrageous and have been for months. They'll go down a bit, then spike up a few days later. I know that the FAA issues have caused a slew of problems but I really hope they also consider slumping sales. Keeping their prices so high is going to deter travelers and summer is coming, after all.

I've been so naughty since my return from Washington. Too much eating out, too many cocktails and too many late nights. I've put on three pounds (ouch!), I'm tired all the time and I'm not feeling my best. I gotta get things back under control. Hubby's been trying to "turn me on" to Isageni.x for months. I've been trying to research, but something always comes up. I've decided today's the day to find out what it's all about and think about using it as a detox (from all the Wendy's and Mexican I've been inhaling as of late...it's just too good!). Everything is still fitting okay, but my goal is to get more of this weight off. As I said, summer is coming. I look okay, but I want to look good.

2 comments:

Dee said...

happy cinco de mayo

Enchantress said...

The same to you! Hope it was lovely and filled with wonderful foods.