Friday, April 11, 2008

How I Spent My Day Off

After we got up and took the oldest to school and the youngest to the neighbor's (and the dog to the vet for a teeth cleaning), we journeyed up the highway to the next largest city, Ogden. We hit a couple of discount stores first and picked up a few things. I was starving by the time we were done, so we hit up Taco Bell (talk about lovely breakfast food). It was surprisingly good, or I was incredibly hungry. Hubby agreed that it was the cleanest Taco Bell we'd ever been too and the food was really that good. After we left Taco Bell, we hit up a video arcade and played, and played and played. We one oodles of tickets that we spent on the girls (well, got them the cheap stuff that you get with tickets).

We went to lunch after this and it was lovely and romantic, until the school principle called. Ugh! I guess it couldn't be perfect. The eldest was caught trying to pet horses over the school fence (nice one). I let her know, once I got her home, that horses are easily spooked and will buck and kick on a whim. She had no idea and seemed to get the point pretty fast. Hubby thinks that our discussion of anniversary time off must have subconsciously bothered the eldest (attention turned away from her and onto me). She's not used to it because our family usually does everything together. Hubby made a point to say that we have to spend more time on our own, so that the disturbance in schedule won't cause these kinds of problems in the future with her.

So, all in all, it was a great day together. Hubby and I really do enjoy the quality time that we have and again we are trying to make an effort to have more. I'm really looking forward to next weekend when we go out of town. I know I'll miss the girls, but it's definitely what he's talking about; shaking up the schedule.

2 comments:

Dee said...

is it just me or did the principal not have to call you just then about an attempted horse-petting? But then again I guess they have to strike the hammer while the iron is hot.

Enchantress said...

Yeah, it's true and it was more so because the girls didn't know the animals. Horses get spooked so easily, that they really could have had trauma on their hands. They wanted them to know the extent of their actions. I asked my oldest, and there were about six girls involved. If the principle had waited too long to contact, I don't think they would have understood the severity.