Monday, March 03, 2008

It's Too Crazy Right Now


We are in the midst of work craziness that has my home-life even feeling nutty. Launching a partnership is always a trial, but doing almost entirely by yourself is a nightmare! Oh, I have some help but the help comes in spurts and not in very big spurts at that. What's interesting is that this was someone else's project and it was handed over to me when it began to stress her out. Oh, the irony! Friday, I needed a drink and I needed a drink bad, so I had one. On Saturday, the stress was still alive and well, so I had another. Rum is my friend.

Saturday, I tried to have quality time with my girls. It was absolutely beautiful here (nearly 60 degrees) and we enjoyed the sun by being out and about. We went to a store to look for sheets and possibly a new video camera, when I spotted this adorable summer dress. It was marked down to around $12 with applied discounts. Then, I found the perfect necklace and earrings to go with it. Someday, somewhere this summer, I will be too cute in that dress. I think I'll add a crinoline slip for swingability. I think those are so girlie and feminine. I also found a yellow sun-dress for the oldest. It was upwards of $100 marked down to $14; we both made out like bandits. (this is the dress, by the way)

Sunday, a little more relaxing, but I was still amped from Friday. Today is about the same, although I'm getting lots of questions about Friday and probably will for the remainder of the week. I told my coworkers we need a lunch, but they want to wait till everything is launched so, lunch probably won't happen until late April (if ever). That's okay, I can have my own celebratory party; me, my rum and some mojito mix.

UPDATE - The dress was $7.60 not $14.00, and the babe's was $12.00. I just added the information to my checkbook and saw the receipt. I guess I got a better deal than I thought. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Icey said...

Hey Lady!

Don't you love buying stuff on sale at a great price then finding out it is cheaper than you anticipated!!

I heart a great sale!

Enchantress said...

Woohoo!