Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Old-Man Feet

This is what I call my hubby's feet because that is exactly what they look like. To be more specific, the toes are crusty, the nails discolored and the skin appears to be fleeing from the bottoms in some kind of a white-cheddar, popcorn frenzy. It's all in fun that I tease him, but I know he'd like to have beautiful feet to match his beautiful body.

At Christmas time, I bought him a gift certificate to our local spa for a "sports pedicure". It's the kind of fru fru pedicure we ladies get, but with a guy twist. He's there now getting his feet indulged and I have a feeling that this won't be the last time he does this. To my surprise, as we sat chatting last night about the day's events, he said that I was to go to our spa this afternoon myself for my "surprise appointment". Well, isn't that a nice turn of events? Wonder if I'm getting my toesies ready for spring...or perhaps a back rub, or maybe a facial? Woohoo! I am too excited!

My neighbors want to die eggs together on Friday. This should be interesting with our toddlers in the mix (her son is 18 months old). Dyed walls anyone?

Speaking of dye, it's time for my hair to undergo some serious color drenching again. Last time, I switched up and used a Loreal product. I think the pigments are better and the color lasts longer (just a personal opinion, of course). I will still continue to use Clairol's "lifting" products because of how gentle they are, but I won't go blond again until later this spring. Anyway, the color to the right is what I used last time and it was beautiful! I need more, but the money situation is weird and I'll probably have to wait until next week to color again. My girlfriend at work asked me just yesterday, "Did you color your hair again, or is it just fading?" Being a color girl herself, she knew how reds fade super fast. She said she liked it's coppery hue; however, when hubby mentioned how the color is looking last night, I could tell he was not feeling the "fade". If he's willing to fork over the dough, I'm happy to help the situation with a good, solid drench.

TOM is approaching and water-weight is the enemy. Why must you vex me, water-weight? It's not due to show up until the first of April. I'm sort of hoping it comes early so that the water will leave. I guess I'll see it soon enough.

No comments: