Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Still Spending Money

And why am I still spending money? Because I haven't really gotten anything for my hubby. It occurred to me that I spent a small fortune on movies for him, but nothing else (besides the gift certificate at the spa). Well, normally, I'd say, "That's all. He doesn't need anything else." But, the truth of the matter is, he is one of those that gives through out the year. In fact, I get nominal things at Christmas time because he's so good about doing what we should be doing all year long. I always feel like I have to make sure I take care of him at Christmas because I'm so bad about the "giving throughout the year".

So, I found a few things; a couple of great print T-shirts that he can wear to the gym (he's gained a size, so all his larges no longer fit), some great manly smelling stuff from Bath and Body works, a couple of awesome posters (which I need to frame before the big day) and his favorite movie. Oddly, we didn't have it on DVD already. Now, he will. There are three more things coming that I ordered for him and he should be set. Then, by goodness, I'll be done. Seriously. I can't spend anymore money. I really can't. This is the first Christmas I've not used a credit card (Amen to that!) so, I've had to make sure I'm spending within my means. I haven't been, and I don't want to pay the costs (as it were) next month.

The weekend was nice. We got dumped with about four to six inches of snow on Saturday. I shoveled from 7:30 to 8:30, then realized that a thin veneer had fallen again. Thankfully, by late afternoon, that thin veneer had melted and the streets were clear. Our yard was lovely and white, but I didn't take pictures. Ugh! I gotta remember to do that!

We worked on the basement a bit more and have our schedule outlined for the week. My eldest went downstairs and nearly lost it when she saw the couch all put together and arranged with the new t.v. and sound system. She's so excited...and so are we.

4 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Hey Enchantress

You sound so organised! I'm one of those sad sacks you see running from store to store on Christmas eve with the other million or so idiots!

Add to this a temperature of 40 degrees and car parks full of demented shoppers out of their minds; I wish it snowed here sometimes!

Enchantress said...

Well, if it's snow you're after, you'll just have to come visit and pick some up. There's plenty to spare! :)

Oh, the idiot drivers! I'm just ready for all of them to go away. If only we could just snap our fingers and poof! Competent drivers remain (oh, to dream). :)

Dee said...

B&B Works has good smelling manly stuff? Drop me a hint. What scent is it?

Enchantress said...

Hey, GC:

Just saw your comment! I bought him the daily refresher and shower gel in Mountain Glacier. It's a manly, clean scent that I really like. I hope he does, too. :)