Tuesday, December 04, 2007

An Evening for a Wife

Sometimes my hubby leaves me absolutely speechless. Many moons ago (Mother's Day), hubby purchased a gift certificate for me to use at my favorite spa. That was a very difficult period of the year so, I wasn't inclined to use it right then. I guess I was feeling so bad about things I didn't feel that I deserved to feel better. So, it sat in my night-stand drawer.

Recently, I came upon it again and discovered that it had an expiration date (December 12th of this year, to be exact). I talked with hubby about when to use it and when he could watch the kiddlings without loosing his mind completely. Yesterday was the chosen day and boy was I thrilled. The afternoon began with me arriving to a newly, sparkling clean household. The smell of fresh pine wafted around the garage as I gathered my belongings to take into the house. My eldest and her friend were quietly watching a movie and I was greeted by my hubby with a smile. I changed Indy's diaper and had a quick snack before heading over to the spa.

The first of my treatments consisted of a foot soak and a shoulder pack, while I read the latest ad-filled magazine (I noticed very few articles but loads of fabulous clothes and jewelry that I'll probably never get to wear). My attendant presented me with hot cocoa and a chocolate covered candy-cane stirrer as a treat while I waited. Thirty minutes later, I was led back to the massage room where I was presented a choice of body butters. Yum! What a wonderful invention! My choice? Gingerbread. And, after 80 minutes of mind-blowing bliss, I walked out of that room smelling like a fresh-baked cookie.

I met the attendant at the counter to arrange for tip, then purchased a gift certificate for my hubby at the same time. I hope he enjoys his treat as much as I did. (I thought I was done with Christmas shopping? Why am I still buying stuff?)

4 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Sounds awesome; relaxing. You desevered it!

Good gift from the Hubster!

Tasha said...

Awww, what a great gift from hubby. Sounds like a wonderful day!

Dee said...

Sounds like your holiday season is off to a calm and soothing start. Perhaps I'll invest in some of that for me. . .soon.

Enchantress said...

Rn_Buffon -Okay, now it's your turn. If anyone ever needed any pampering for herself, it's you. I say, "Christmas gift to thyself!"

Tasha - It was, it really was.

GC - Absolutely! Massages for everyone! We're all going to need them after some of the stressors the holiday season can bring.