Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Needed, Quiet Day

So far, this has been the better of days this week. Monday and Tuesday were somewhat stressful and I was beginning to think I needed bad-driver-frustration intervention. I'm coming to grips with the fact that the idiots are out there and they're not going anywhere. I should just do my best to get to and from my destinations safely...without directing my energy towards the morons and thus taking my attention away from the road.

I'm listening to a mixture of Christmas tunes and jazz, helping to smooth out my mood. I have to remember the calming effects of music and use them to my advantage. So much good can come out of listening to the right song or lyrics.

My coworker "J" has gone home sick. She was sounding a bit like a frog and there are others around me with similar symptoms. I appreciate her leaving and not spreading the "love" to the rest of us. I hope that she takes my advice and drinks a lovely hot toddy to soothe her throat (too bad I can't have one right now).

More painting and cleaning last night in the basement. The paint started to turn really thick...it looked a lot like glue, so hubby stopped and asked me to pick up some more on my way home. I hope that Wally World isn't as scary as it was Monday night. I may need a sedative...or a hot toddy. (wink, wink)

3 comments:

Dee said...

er, Wally World? I'm afraid to ask.
Enjoy your quiet day.

Enchantress said...

Wal-Mart...haha! I forget not everyone knows that reference.

Icey said...

lol@ GC not knowing Wally World!
Nothing like a good ole shot of likka to make it all better!