Thursday, December 20, 2007

Five More Days till Christmas


Whoa! It's nearly here and I'm too glad about it. Ugh! The crowds have become stadium worthy at the malls and I haven't gone anywhere besides home, work and the gas station in days. It's snowing again today (and it snowed a bit yesterday), and their predicting four to six inches on the valley floor. Please, let me make it home first before that happens. I'd much rather be watching it come down from my window seat than driving around in it.

The basement is done? Yes and no. All the priming, painting, drilling, grouting, caulking and assembling is done. Decorating? That's next and I'm actually happy about that part. The posters I've ordered over the past few months are nearly all framed and only need to be placed in varying areas of the room. I think that will be my responsibility, but something tells me hubby will step in and want to decorate too. It's fine, but I think this area should be mine. He decorated the sitting room (and rather well, yes) but I should be in charge of the super heroes. No doubt about that!

I ate out for lunch today and it's the first time in weeks. It was so good; beef tamale with refried beans and rice, along with a Mexican soup. Yum! I forgot my own lunch today and so had to find an alternative by going to one of the restaurants in our complex. I'm terribly full now and I don't know if I'll do dinner tonight. It's true what they say about your stomach shrinking when you loose weight. There was once a time when all that would have only dusted the bottom of my stomach.

I have a list of movies to rent tonight for the babe (well, me and the babe mostly). Most are holiday flicks that either she hasn't seen or would like to see. I hope I can find them all at one place, but I have a feeling I'll have to visit both Hollywood and Block.buster tonight:


  • Hairspray (2007)
  • Babes in Toyland (Disney version)
  • A Muppet Christmas Carol
  • The Nutcracker ("Misha's" version)
  • Little Women (Liz Taylor version)

We'll also watch these over the break. Thankfully, they're titles we own:

  • Scrooged
  • White Christmas
  • A Christmas Story
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Die Hard (takes place at Christmas time)
  • Lethal Weapon (also takes place at Christmas time)
  • Home Alone
  • Total Recall (This was released on video at Christmas time, so I watch it around Christmas time every year. I know. I'm weird.)

3 comments:

Dee said...

Wow
your basement is so gonna be done before January 1
happy new basement
Merry Christmas
and a pro$perou$ New Year to you and yours.

Dee said...

well, how was Christmas? Hope you're enjoying the new year so far.

Enchantress said...

Thanks! I am and I'm hoping the same is true for you to! Will be checking out your page and all your goings on soon. :)