Thursday, August 02, 2007

Two Days of Bliss

The lummox has been at my sister-in-law's for the past two nights, and my home has been absolute bliss without him. It's so nice to be able to do things around the house knowing that I don't have him potentially lumbering in to destroy my good mood. The evenings are quiet and event-less (no microwave coming on at all hours of the night, no lights on all over the place, no phone calls to awake a slumbering baby). It's been marvelous! Hubby and I are so ready for his big ass to be gone for good, it's not even funny.

My big girl (the babe) is off on an adventure. She went with friends of my hubby's to a lake just north of here (okay, not "just" north...it's Idaho, so a bit of a drive). She will be joined by other family members of the friends for fun in the sun and splashing in the lake. I hope she enjoys herself and doesn't cause too much trouble for them. They have a son and are probably not used to the sensitive nature of a cry-baby six year old. She was to stay the night at their house last night, then make the drive this morning to the lake.

*Update! Hubby just called and said that they (his friends) said she did really well last night. The played and played, then went downstairs to watch t.v. When hubby's friend looked over, they had both crashed. He also said, as they were packing the RV last night and the babe was wondering around in the splendor of it she said, "Are we ready to go, now?". To which he responded, "No, not yet, honey. We'll be going in the morning. "

"Well, I get up early. I can get you guys up."

Too funny! Hubby told his friend that she definitely wasn't lying about the getting up early. Five o'clock and she's ready for action. I hope she does well for the remainder of the trip.

It's storming in various places in Utah, but not where I work or live. It's sort of a bummer because there have been all of these flash flood warnings and I have yet to see any water. Cars are apparently floating away in these places, but still nothing here. Now, I'm looking out the window and a mass of dark clouds are looming over the area. I'm ready for the rain!

6 comments:

Gina said...

Thanks for the visit! Isn't that Chocolate RAIN the bomb! I have 14 year old twins and they think I am joking about saying that I am counting down to when they press on!

Dee said...

is that a pomegranate ice cream bar?!!!
OMG
I have to try it!

Enchantress said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Enchantress said...

jerseytjej - If he ever tried out for American Idol, imagine the following he would get! Crazy!! ;)

GC - I thought the same thing, when I was looking for a picture to describe the bliss I was feeling. I wonder where we can get them?

Dee said...

here's a link to the company's store locator
http://www.sheerblissicecream.com/locator/

hope they have it in your neck of the woods

Enchantress said...

They don't; however, they have a pdf you can print, fill out and give to your local grocer's store manager. How thoughtful of them! I may just do that. ;) Thanks for the link.