Monday, August 06, 2007

A Weekend from Heaven (only two days left!)

The lummox was gone for more days than anticipated. I was certainly not complaining and, as a result of his absence, I had one of the best weeks and weekends I've had in a long time. The babe will still off and about in the wilderness, having fun on ATVs and swimming in the lake while I was cleaning my house and taking Indy on our own little adventures.

Saturday, I slept in until 6:30 (late for me) then cleaned up (straightening an organizing several CDs and DVDs in the entertainment center, cleaning the glass coffee and end tables, dusting, vacuuming the living area- including the steps, changing the litter, organizing my room and bathroom) and had everything complete by 8:00am. I then got myself and the baby ready, then off to breakfast at McDonald's, where she watched Toon Disney and ate biscuits, eggs and hash browns. Then, to the park. She swung on the swings, slid down the slide and took a little walk to see the duckies. It was really a great time to go, not only because it hadn't gotten scorching hot yet, but also because there were ducks and geese everywhere! They were eating and grooming themselves and those obnoxious sea gulls were no where in sight. I guess they only show up after the lunch crowd arrives.

After our visit to the park, I stopped at Home Depot to attack a very small home improvement project at my home. The sink in our bathroom's faucet-head had been in pieces for months. It was only a matter of replacing it, but something always happened where we'd forget about it while we were at the store. I picked up the replacement, took it home and beautified my bathroom sink in only a few seconds. Hubby was so proud when he saw it. I also picked up a movie while I was out...May. It was an interesting, creepy movie that I would never have known about, if it weren't for my movie connection guy here at work. We talk movies all the time and we're both fans of the horror genre. The characterization was done really well, even if the plot was thin in spots. Sometimes, that's enough for me...as was the case with this flick. I watched it while snarfing down a cheeseburger and fries...my last for a while. My motivation is comin' on back. Once "he's" gone, I'll be in full swing again.

Indy went down for a nap at 11:00am and didn't wake up until three hours later. Hubby was home, had showered and nearly dressed when she awakened. We drove to Salt Lake to see a movie with friends and Indy did much better with Shrek the Third than with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. She basically munched on popcorn the entire time. I guess that's the trick for her. After the movie, we went to the store, then to eat dinner, then home for a night of relaxation and pleasant company. The house was ours and we loved it!

Sunday morning, hubby tells me that he's taken the day off and we go to church together. Many of the members asked about the Babe and where she was (I told you my children and I are joined at the hip). It was sweet because they all genuinely seemed to miss her. After church, we stopped at Lowe's and looked at patio furniture. Lots on sale, but nothing we wanted. On the road again, we stopped at Golden Corral and had breakfast...$12.00 and some change. That will never happen again until we're retired! It was surprisingly good and I ate entirely too much (that's gotta stop) then, after a couple of stops, we were picking up the babe and heading home. She had been crying...missing us, the poor thing. We got home and we all took a three hour nap. Crazy! After the nap, we shopped for dinner, came home and cooked then watched Spiderman 3 (courtesy of my movie friend and his "hook up"). It was great, but I still like part two the best.

Hubby and brother-dear got into last night, with more confirmation that he needs to go home. He's been telling my sister-in-law and his mother all sorts of things about us. Hubby was going to call them and attempt to set the record straight, but he also said that, "My family is going to be them and there's nothing I can do to change them." It could be that they don't believe him at all and their idea that I'm holding him hostage somehow will continue to reign in their minds. Hubby says that his main responsibility is to his immediate family (us) and that he can't keep trying to make them see the light anymore. He did mention, however, that he'll bring up his other brother who started out in much the same way, and then ended up burning down an apartment complex (another story I'll share someday). They believed him until the day he finally admitted to it (even though the rest of us were sure it was him).

Today, I forgot my lunch and took it as a sign that I need to drink lots of water today and fast until dinner. I'm really ready to get back to the workouts and the total regime...my clothes are saying more to me than anything else. Besides, I gotta be hot for my reunion, right? Here's to new beginnings, getting started, motivation and positive energy.