Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Birthday Celebrations and Big, Big Balloons

The babe had her 7th birthday last Thursday. We surprised her with a birthday party at the local skating rink. She had a blast! (her poor parents, however, will never do this again). There were little kids everywhere! Not to mention the Bounce Zone, the Pirates Cove and near complete darkness, we could barely tell where anyone was. This made hubby very nervous, for fear predators would try and bother the little sweethearts. Despite the pandemonium, the babe made out like a bandit and we established contacts with other parents in the neighborhood. I feel better knowing that there are others I can call on, besides our "stand-by" neighbors. I'm sure they get tired of us.

Friday, I took the day off to spend with the birthday girl. We took her to the mall and she got her first manicure (complete with stickers). She loved it! Then, off to run errands with the parents. Friday evening, I hog tied her to the ground and redid her hair (it was rough!). She looks great, now. I won't let it go so long, next time. Hubby brought Chinese home for dinner to surprise me. What a guy.

Saturday, we were up bright and early to watch the Balloon launch (Ogden City Balloon Festival) complete with all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast. The girls loved it, even Indy...who pointed up in the sky at the Balloons floating through the air. Her first experience with hot air balloons. We walked around a bit, but the displays weren't really available (they usually appear later in the day). The babe had a birthday party to attend, so we couldn't hang around and wait for vendors to appear.

She went to her first bowling party while her sister, father and I stayed home and took a breather from the morning events (Dad actually got the neighbor and they worked on sprinkler heads...I guess me and Indy were the only ones taking a breather). The party was a success and she learned how to bowl! I'm hoping to take the family before summer vacation officially ends (school starts next Wednesday). Craziness!

Saturday afternoon, off to grandmother's house we went (grandma wasn't able to join us for the birthday party and felt really bad about it. She decided a sleepover was a great way to make it up to the birthday girl). Hubby and I put the little one to bed early and enjoyed cocktails and a movie. Sunday, we went to church as a family and in the afternoon, shopped a bit for school supplies and clothes. The week has been pretty busy with work stuff and meetings, but I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize (at least ten pounds off before my trip). Yes. I know I won't get there eating birthday cake and pounds upon pounds of Chinese food. TOM is on the way too so, if I can rise above my cravings for the next few days, I think I'll be okay.

1 comment:

Dee said...

welcome back
sounds like you've been BUSY!