Monday, August 27, 2007

I Had Forgotten

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to watch my children play with other children. I'd forgotten how silly my hubby can really be. I'd also forgotten how much I love to swim. How in the world did I forget these things?

It was a surprisingly pleasant weekend. It started with a good, long chat with hubby about intimacy. Not a strange subject for us, but a needed one. I was feeling a bit neglected in that department (surprise, surprise. Men always think they're the ones getting left out). Well, his intentions are always good, but I found myself doing more of the pleasuring then I was getting myself. Of course, it's a pleasure to provide the pleasure, but I need a little too, you know? So, there we were, discussing how to make things better when we discovered how much we're still attracted to each other. Wow! After ten years, I can still rev his engine. It's good to be the Queen.

Saturday, I got up super early and went to a two-day sale in hubby's stead (cause you know I hate to shop) and picked up a new desk for our computer. It was 7:00am when the doors opened and a little man, who got there two minutes before I did, ran to the front door as if it were Black Friday. Scary how some people shop. I can't imagine what he needed so badly that he ran from his car, only to pace back and forth in front of the locked door.

We're so excited because this early morning shopping took us one more step towards a basement that looks like something rather than a war zone. The desktop computer will have a home again and we'll be able to update our sad MP3s that have had the same music for over eight months. Hubby is really thrilled about this. I also picked up breakfast for me and girls. I'd forgotten how much I like Slim Slams (Denny's version of the grand slam with egg beaters instead of eggs and ham instead of bacon or sausage) and how less damaging they are to my waistline. See? It's all about choices. For lunch? Chinese pot stickers. Yum! My daughter had forgotten how much she liked them and kept trying to eat mine instead of her own lunch (orange chicken and ham fried rice).

Later on, my eldest (who the night before left a message for a friend) schemed for a playdate. The girls had too much fun and I had a lovely time talking endlessly to her mother. She was supposed to drop her off and then run an errand, but we ended up chatting about all sorts of things. When she finally left and then returned to pick her up, we chatted it up some more. It's so nice to find a sane mommy in the world.

When dad arrived (later in the evening), we watched a family movie and enjoyed Italian. Can't loose that ten eating like this...I keep saying this! Church on Sunday and then swim time at our local aquatic center. We had great fun, until Indy's lips started to turn blue. We figured that was our cue to get out and get warmed up (even though the water was at a comfortable 72 degrees).

Today has been busy, busy, busy and I'm having more technical drama than should be allowed for one person. Isn't there a button that I can push/type that says, "just make it happen,"? Is that too much to ask for? I'd forgotten how much I like it when everything works when you want it to.

No comments: