Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wish Lists

I've been thinking about the power of positive thinking, lately. People who are believers of Karma and energy being cyclical, will understand how powerful this idea can be. My neighbor spoke to me of a book (perhaps The Secret, but I'm not sure) where you're ideas and energy "pushed out" will come back in some form and often more powerful than when/how you sent it out initially. He said that there are people who actually appear to live in luckiness for various things. I thought about it while we talked and then realized that there are things that seem to revolve around me in that way.

Electronics," I told him. "And more recently, airline tickets. I seem to win these types of things all the time."

He said that was how the theory works, but this was a while ago and I hadn't really thought about it again since...until now. What if this isn't just a crock? What if you could really send out the thoughts, ideas, feelings, wishes, hopes and desires of your heart. It could be chanting these ideas...a personal mantra, of sorts. What about just visualizing what you want? I sort of did that in college, when my girlfriend and I were trying to loose weight. My room and suite mates must have thought I was crazy! I had pictures everywhere of clothes I would by and my idea of the size I wanted to be. You know what? I got there. Of course, I worked out and tried to eat right, but I wonder if the visual cues didn't add something as well.

I mentioned on RN_Buffoon's blog in comment, not too long ago, that I was going to begin a list of the things I want. It may be hard because sometimes the things I want are things I want for other people. I suppose it's okay to include that as part of my list...good Karma towards others is still good Karma, right? Some things will be material (even though I'm not a material person) only because I want to add things that may increase the comforts of my life or help to make some aspects of my life less complicated. Understanding that nothing is every perfect and always being a realist, I will use my wish list to imprint positiveness in new ways.

In other news, the lummox leaves in a week. Thank the good Lord for that! He's pretty much stopped doing anything to help around the house, since I'm sure his fifteen year old brain senses he has completely worn out his welcome. Hubby said they had a discussion yesterday morning about his brother at home, who it appears has decided to spend all his hard-earned summer job money on buying a car. He doesn't need one, but he's going to buy one because "girl's don't want a guy without a car." Well, after brother-dear alluded to the fact that coming out here would be better for he and his brother, he gave him "the look". Well, I suppose that was enough for brother-dear to realize that he screwed up that gravy train and he left the house...to think? To pout? To reflect? Who knows. He's not really a "deep thoughts" kind of person, so maybe he just went to the park. I'm so done with all this garbage.

I went to the library, yesterday, and searched for 2nd grade level books for the babe. She was so excited, but struggled a bit with some of the big words in, "The Escape of Marvin the Ape". Exhilarating is a 2nd grade word? What about Helvetica? Perhaps she shouldn't have been so hard on herself not getting them on the first try.

Indy has decided that "No," is an impressive word and should be used often. She has other favorite words like "all gone", "diaper" and "bear". My favorite word to hear from her? "SHOOZ!" (said just like that...too cute!)

2 comments:

Dee said...

re SHOOZ!
that is too cute.

I thought the Lummox was already gone. Hang in there.

Miss Construed... said...

Funny how karma works...

About ten years ago my bro-in-law and his wife were saving up for a house deposit- he ended up gambling it away (about ten thousand bucks all up) in just one weekend...

She left him; it hadn't been the first time he'd thrown such sums of money away- but before she did she bought him a lottery ticket and threw it at him before walking out on him.

Yes. It won. One point six six million to be exact. And she came back (no one was surprised). Now they have two kids, a house the size of a castle, have travelled the world and just recently bought a hundred and fifty thousand dollar (wait for it) boat.

Karma sux. If it had been me the ticket would have been a dud!

Can't wait to see your list...