Friday, October 27, 2006

Trying to Get Back Into it...Again


We had a health fair here in our offices last week and part of what came out of it was a free, pilates session at the gym connected to our building. I should have known...there is no such thing as free. I scheduled my session and thought, "Well, at least I'll get a look at the table and see if it's something I might like to try." So, I get back to the gym and listen to a personal trainer tell me about things I already know. Then, I answer all of her questions with all of my standard, wife-of-a-personal-trainer answers. She's blown away, but then realizes that, "Of course, she would know the answers to these questions." She weighs me, takes a body fat analysis and takes all sorts of measurements, then we discuss goals. At the end, she presents me with the numbers and costs of all of their training plan options. Crap! A sales pitch!

So, I came back to my office and informed my coworker to just go ahead and cancel her freebie, since it's just going to be a sales pitch anyway (despite the "test" we took, everyone who attended the fair probably got a free training session) . Why, bother. I didn't even get to see the pilates table! Oh, well. At least now I know how large I really am.

I was off to a good start last week and the week before (even though I did not document it on Road to Fabulous). I worked out three maybe four times a week, then we went on our adventure to Vegas. I've been trying to get back to a regular schedule...hoping that I can do that and be back at the workouts next week. Hubby called last night and asked if we could do some of our workouts together. I know what it's going to take for me, now. I just need to put all of this in his hands. I have faith that he can manage my personal training better than anyone else because, 1. He knows how psychotic my schedule is right now and, 2. He knows me better than anyone else. It's so time to get serious! I just don't want to shop for bigger clothes...I can't!

When he calls again, I'll just go ahead and tell him. Now that I think about it, when I was doing so well with my circuit training and workouts at the gym, it was because of a plan he came up with, not me. I just managed my diet on my own. Ha! By George, I think I've got it! (Isn't it weird when people type during a light-bulb moment?)

People are starting to sign up for the pot-luck we're having next Tuesday. I'm glad because folks around here are notorious for waiting till the last minute. Our newest department add-on seems freaked out about bringing a dish or dressing up. I showed him slide shows of our previous Halloween festivities and told him that we have a great time around here. I hope we don't come across as a bunch of nuts to him, but hey...you have to work in the same building day after day after day, why not have one day where things are a little unusual?

It's been a pretty good day, overall. I got up and worked then hubby called. We talked about how horny we were. Sad, I know. The next thing I know, I hear the garage door opening. Music to my ears! He shaved, showered and pleasured his wife, "It's not about me," he said. Damn, that's love.

1 comment:

Dee said...

oh, you didn't mention it. Cause I did stop by your other blog and I was like, oh, I guess she's been busy.