Thursday, October 05, 2006

"There's a Big Difference Between Stickin' and Munchin'"

I don't know what made me think of that, this morning. It's something I said a while back that came to mind and made me giggle, this morning. A couple of years ago, my friend and I were talking about her baby sister (they are about four or five years apart in age...so, the sister is in her late 20's). Anyway, I was asking about, we'll call her Lavender (the baby sister) and what she was up to. "How's her son?" and "Is she seeing anybody special?" That sort of thing. Well, my friend starts telling me about the latest guy she's just "let go" and how nice he was to her. It figured that she would dump him. Then, my friend says that she has other suspicions about why she dumped him.


It seems Lavender has been hanging around with this girl, will call her Camille and my friend has no doubts that Camille is gay. Lavendar seems aware and completely oblivious to that fact. My friend begins to tell me about the time they (my friend, her boyfriend [now husband]), Lavender and Camille were talking about going to a club. Lavendar and Camille mention this club that has great, old-school hip-hop that they play on Friday nights. They all decide it's a good idea and go to this club. My friend said that, when they got there, the music was going and the energy was great, but she noticed something odd. There were very few men and the ones that were there were all hugged up with each other. She then noticed that she was the only woman there with a man.



No problem. You can still have a good time at a gay club if your heterosexual, but my friend was still perplexed by her sister's choice of club. My friend then told me that she started noticing other things like, how'd she put off going out the with great guy to hang out with Camille. Those few times she would go out with him, Camille would constantlycall, asking where she was and when she'd be home. When she wasn't out with him or working or having a life, Camille was always there...hanging onto her like a dog to a piece of meat."She would basically stalk her, Enchantress," is what my friend told me.


So, Camille continued to come over (daily, now) and Lavender had since dumped the would-be boyfriend.


"Do you think they're doing anything?" I asked her.


"I really don't know," she said.



"Lavender's just gay, now I guess, huh? I mean, you can't just "turn" gay, can you? I don't know if I could be like, 'hey, guys are great. I like guys!' to, 'forget guys, girls are great. I like girls!' There's a big difference between stickin' and muchin'. "



Somehow my saying this broke the frustration my friend had been feeling and she just became overwhelmed in hysterics. We both laughed for a long while. She later said that her frustration came more from her sister stringing along such a nice guy, since she obviously didn't want anything to do with him. Gay or straight, it wasn't right for her to do this. Anyway, she's since started dating another guy but keeps Camille and another lesbian as close friends. My friend has just decided that Lavender will do what she'll do with her own life, she just hopes she makes up her mind soon.

3 comments:

sunshine said...

yeah sounds like something is going on there with lavender and the galpal.

Icey said...

Why the hell did I almost fall out of my chair with your stickin and munchin comment. Nothing wrong with being gay if that is your thing but don't string the good guys along b/c they only become bitter....

Dee said...

I love that her sister's name is Lavender.