Monday, July 03, 2006

A Quicky Post


Hi, all! Oh, man. I just checked the date and it's been a while. I'm still writing and writing and writing. It's coming together and I'm still mostly happy with the work. There's still lots to be done, but I've got to get moving on the children's story if I'm going to get it submitted in time. Turns out that the contest people supply the illustrator. Bummer! I was so looking forward to my friend drawing/painting/sketching the pictures for me. Oh, well. If/When I get my own contract, I'm making sure he's my illustrator. Complete artistic control, no doubt!

Life on the homefront is pretty boring, right now. Hubby's still frustrated with his job, the babe is still reigning and queen of kingdom and my youngest has a cold, poor thing. Summer colds are awful, but the great thing about babies is they take it all in stride. She just laughs and snots, rubs it all over her head, then laughs again. We took the girls swimming on Friday evening and, although the pool is indoors, it was Indy's first time and she shivered for about ten minutes, then she was great. By Saturday morning, she was a haven of mucus. She's doing better today...I just wish I could give her meds for it.

So, Happy Independence day, and all that. We truly are fortunate in the U.S. and, if I can be a bit political for a moment, Bush needs to get it together before he screws it all up for us. Seriously! Whoever is inaugurated in 2008 has got a helluva lot to try and fix and I hope *she* (ahem), has the support *she* (ahem) needs to make things better. Until then, I hope for a quick resolve to this war and whenever our soilders do return home, I hope they can make the transition back into their family lives as smoothly as possible (nobody ever says anything about that, but you know it's got to be tougher than frozen crap to do). Ugh! Another gross metaphor. Oh, well...Happy Indendence Day! Now, go eat BBQ until you blow up. (Dang it! I did it again!)

No comments: