Monday, July 31, 2006

Six More Days...


We're getting excited about the trip. I can't believe it's so close, and we still really don't have a clue what we're going to do (but it's fine). In fact, I rather like not having a complete plan. That way, if we don't do something on the plan, there are no hurt feelings or disappointments. I believe the only truly planned items will be getting to and leaving the hotel from the airport. I'll be calling them today to see which shuttle service they use or recommend. Again, it's sort of weird thinking about not using a car because we're such heavy car users.

This is a picture of the hotel where we're going to be staying. Unlike the other resorts we use, they don't have a kitchen. That's always a nice feature whenever we go somewhere because it gets old eating out all the time (well, at least for me it does). We investigated and found out that the sales tax is 8.5%. Yikes! That's how much it is in Nashville, which doesn't make any sense, to me. Tennessee is now part of the lottery club. They could stand to take that down a bit.

The weekend was uneventful, but nice. Friday evening, hubby made us Turkey burgers for dinner. The baby went to sleep early, the babe watched a kiddy movie, and mom and dad watched Final Destination 3. It was gorier than the first two and the story finally came to an end. The acting was fairly decent as well, although I didn't recognize any of the actors. Saturday, we picked up hair for the babe (it's almost time to redo the braids), stopped at Ross Dress for Less in search of good tennis shoes for the trip. That was a decent stop, since we weren't there for very long. I also bought a new hair dryer and curling iron (ceramic) that I absolutely love! Who would have known they'd make such a difference? Seriously, though. I'm starting to ache for my braids, again. The whole "doing your hair everyday) thing is so overrated.

Yesterday, we participated in the JC Penney, VIP shopping night. I bought about $180 dollars worth of "Back to School" stuff and fall baby gear. I would have spent nearly $400, without the sale. I'll say it again, I HATE SHOPPING! I only do this for the deals. Otherwise, I would not do it. I was so irritated by the time we left, that I just wanted to go home and hide under the bed; however, I don't regret going. I think the irritation was agitated because we had hit up three stores before going to Penneys (looking for a walker at a decent price). I think that was too much for anybody. Oh, well. At least we know where we're going to get the walker, whenever we get it. It'll be good for her legs. The babe loved hers and pretty much destroyed it, by the time she was ready to walk on her own.

School starts in a couple of weeks and we're still toiling over how to get her there and how to pick her up. I'm just going to try and stay as positive as I can and have faith that everything comes together when it's supposed to.

2 comments:

Icey said...

Vacation? What the heck is that? lol I have yet to go on a vacay this year and it is taking its toll on me! With finishing school and the teen beginning school there is just no time! I hope you guys have a blast! Eating out is the best part of a vacation! lol

Doing your hair er'day is VERY overrated! I am considering getting a curly weave (like Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child) b/c of the ease of care! I hate doing my hair but I love looking good! lol

Miss Construed... said...

You still not back 'Chantress?

It's been longer than six days, girl.