Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Vexed by Blogger

I had this huge post, yesterday. As you can see, it was cut-down to just two paragraphs. I had lots of inciteful quips and clever musings. It was brilliance, I tell you! Okay. Maybe I'm hyping it up just a bit.

I talked about my eventful weekend and all the fabulous things I did (I played with the baby while my oldest went to Lagoon with my sister - it was also hubby's birthday on Saturday). I also droned on and on about how moody and pissy I've been for the past week (hmmm...TOM on the way). Well, I can't remember everything I said, so I guess I'll go from what the brain has held onto since last night.

DALLAS! I was nine or ten when I started watching it for myself (way into the series before I really knew all their histories, since the show got its start in '78). I remember that it came on adjacent to Miami Vice, which was part of the reason why I watched it. The other was that my mother was obssessed! Hubby bought me the first and second season, probably a year ago, and I started watching. Initially, it was an episode here or there.

Now, I've completely lost my mind! These people (although ficitional) are absolutely fascinating to watch! I'm coming to understand why people were so enthralled in the 80's and why millions of people (worldwide) were tuning in to see what the Ewings were going to do next. In all of this, I've come to a decision: in this world of do everything fast...have it done, yesterday and quality is for losers, just get 'er done, I think that great t.v. writers have nearly disappeared. When we could once enjoy a movie or tv program because of it's great writing and intriguing story lines (without the need for flash and fan fare) now, we must be subjected to "reality" because it's quicker, cheaper and faster. It's really too bad.

Where did all the good trash go? Okay, yes. It was trashy, but well written trash. People can still think for themselves, you know. There are those of us who don't need all the hype in order to hold our attention. Don't rate a movie PG-13 just writers don't have to put forth any energy and rely on CG or gore or to grab the teeny-booper audience just so greedy movie moguls can pull in their millions. I do have a brain! I can reason things out! I don't have to be handed everything on a spoon! Give me some credit, please! Okay, okay. I will now step down off my soap box.

Last, but not least, my workout program. Stalled again, I'm afraid. It's just not happening with Indy getting up in the night. Hubby suggested that I work on the eating plan. Then, when Indy is sleeping through the night, go full charge on the workouts. I think that's best, right now. I'm just not getting enough rest and thought of plowing away on a treadmill after only three or four hours of sleep is depressing. Nutrition is 80% of it, so he says. I'm getting my portion sizes under control and I'm trying to get more water in. Good starts, I think. The water especially. That's the hardest for me to master (the easiest step for most). Working out? No problem. Sucking down 64 ounces of water in a day? Woo! Somebody pass me a pool!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Dallas, whoa. That was huge in Jamaica, that, Dynasty, and Falcon Crest. I never really watched them but my cousins were all into them. TV writers are all editors now. Just throw some people in a room, tape them, and splice it together to form a story.

Enchantress said...

That's so true. The only thing I'm hoping for is that, like everything else, our culture will grow bored of the reality craze (soon, I hope). Hah! This from an Idol watcher. I'm such a contradiction. lol