Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sometimes, My Hubby Really Sets it Off!


So, hubby made good on his word and took the girls to the park. I went downstairs and walked my butt off on the treadmill for about thirty-five minutes. I always feel so good after my workouts. Afterwards, I took a good, long shower and came out all fresh and new to the garage door opening. Perfect timing! Hubby made dinner and cleaned the kitchen when we were done. What a guy! I was ready to pass out by 8:30pm, but he insisted that I walk him to the door. Well, it's the least I could do. ;-)

Before all this, I picked up my babe from summer camp. She was outside playing and came running up to me, happily (thank goodness). She emptied the sand from her sandals, while one of the teachers told me that she thought that she (my babe) had a good first day.
"It's funny," said the teacher. "She came running up to me when I got here and gave me a hug and she doesn't even know me."

"Well, she must have sensed something in you, " says I. "You know, children are so perceptive."

I truly believe this. So, the first day at camp was good. The babe grabs her backpack and shows me to her classroom, where there's artwork on the walls that the kids created earlier that day. She tells me that they sang songs about Jesus, colored, ate breakfast and lunch, played outside, etc.... She seems really tired, which was great. I totally didn't want her sitting around this summer being bored and it looks like I got my wish.

This morning, while brushing my teeth, the power blinked out. Nice. The babe starts hollering, "MOM!" Yeah, okay. I'm not an electrician, dear. There's nothing I can do. So, she brushes by flashlight. Thankfully, the sun was pretty much up when we were getting ready, so I opened the blinds to allow for more light to filter in. I call the power company to see what the deal is. Seems a car accident left us powerless and that we would not see power until 8:00am (it was 6:20 when I called). The big question; how do I get out of my garage without power? Hubby calls.

"Hey!"

"Hey! Are you coming home because the power's out and I can't open the garage door by myself." (I know that sounds wimpy, but that joker is heavy as hell. Who knew!)

"Yeah. I'm coming home. Me and "O" are on our way home right now. He's gotta get something from me."

"Okay. I'll see you when you get here."

Crisis averted. He comes home and "poof" my garage door opens. It's nice to have a manly man around sometimes. I head out with the kids and roadblock. Roadblock? Could I have any more delays? I turn around and head back the way I came, make a turn and head in the direction I need to go. Finally, I drop off the babe and I'm headed for the highway. You know, there's a special kind of stupid on the highways at 7:00am. They need to stop opening the mental hospitals at that hour, lettin' all the crazies on the road. WTH?

Anyway, I get to work three minutes earlier than yesterday. Go figure!

Today, the kids are off to the park for a picnic. I hope they remember the water. It's supposed to be 95 here today. 95! Just two weeks ago, we were having record lows in the upper 50's. Crazy weather! At any rate, I hope they enjoy their picnic.

4 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Here you are waxing lyrical about Summer- while here in the Southern Hemisphere I have just set the heater to full and am huddling beneath a crocheted blankie...

It's just not fair!

Enchantress said...

Oh! I completely forgot that you're in the thick of your winter right now. You know, it always amazes me to see Aussies sunning it up during the Christmas holiday. Man, that must be nice!

Miss Construed... said...

It is nice having Summer at Xmas time I must admit. Copious amounts of fresh seafood, cold legs of ham and large plates of cold chicken and turkey pieces, a thousand salads to choose from, a lot of cold beer and a long swim in the pool on a forty-plus-degree scorcher!

Add to that wet towels all over the floor, fruitless attempts to put more sunscreen on the kiddies and a gazillion flies and you too can have yourself a typical Aussie Christmas...and no- I wouldn't change a thing!

Brr..brr..bring on Summer! Hope you enjoy your's Enchantress!

Icey said...

That is so great you are sticking to your workout plans! Rock on!!!