Monday, January 12, 2009

Sick again?

Yep! Bronchitis is the word. I had it only six months ago and it has reared it's ugly head again. Yuck! I left work early Thursday afternoon and missed work on Friday. The weekend was a blur, since I was high on toddies and tons of cold medicine most of the time. I did manage to go to church on Sunday. I also called and wished hubby a "happy boyfriend/girlfriend anniversary!" Twelve years ago Sunday, we became a couple. So sweet it's sickening, yes? He left work early to come home and take care me. He also surprised me with the sweetest card. I gotta give it to hubby, he's trying to bring the romance back and I'm oh, so happy he is. Wednesday is the anniversary of our first date.

Today I got up and worked half day, then called the doctor's office to see if he could see me. He confirmed my guess of bronchitis and told me that I may be a bit asthmatic. No surprises here. He listened to my breathing and there was a bit of a wheeze. He had me puff an inhaler to aid in my breathing and, I promise, I didn't cough for an hour afterwards! He also prescribed antibiotics (Z-Packs...gotta love 'em), codeine cough medicine and a pleasant afternoon. Hubby was off, so he took me to pick up my prescriptions. We then had a bit of lunch (can't take the meds on an empty stomach) and came home. Despite the illness, it's been a pleasant day. I promise I feel 75% better, even after just one pill. By Wednesday, I'm hoping I can get back on the fitness train (I was doing so well, too!).

I'm going to go pass out, now. The codeine is kicking in. A side effect this stuff has on me...it makes me horny. Yeah, weird I know. Who gets sleepy and horny? If it's bizarre, it's probably happening to me.

4 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Hey M

Sorry to hear your sick again! Must be the freezing weather you guys have in Utah!

Keep warm; and hope you're otherwise doing well; I've been missing in action for weeks now and have to catch up on a lot of reading!

R

Icey said...

Reason 1,457,968,648 I hate cold weather...sickness! lol

Feel Better!

Enchantress said...

Hey! Good to see you, Miss! Hope all is going okay with you. You're in the thick of summer, I bet (I'm so jealous). Run through the waves for me! :)

Hey, Icey! Amen to that. Hubby keeps talking about all the potential places to retire. I'm seriously not feeling bad about Florida as an option. Even though the people down there are loony, I'll just avoid catching the loonyness. ;)

Dee said...

Wow
feel better soon.
And congratulations on your upcoming anniversaries.
;)