Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving Post Mortum 2007


Thanksgiving was lovely and my friends seemed to enjoy themselves at my mother's. She later said to me that she was happy to have them over, but thought them a bit dull. Well, they are, but they're sweet. You can be dull and sweet, right? I guess that's what you have to expect from a computer-geek and a former librarian. My daughters were happy to get all their favorite foods and the dogs got all sorts of scraps. Going back to work was a challenge and I've just gotten to a point where I'm not loosing my mind over the amount of work there was. I've caught up for the most part and am wondering if the same will be true after the Christmas vacation I plan to take.

The tree is up and it's stunning. The new tree makes our old one look so frail. It's very full and life-like (not pre-lit). We've been watching the holiday movies in full force. Hubby is even getting into the spirit. He hasn't climbed up on the roof, yet but he may set up a "winter wonderland" in our yard. We'll see.

We spent a lot of the time off working on our Martha Stewart project for the neighbor's gifts this year; homemade snowflakes. They're really pretty, but they take a lot of time. We also had to time it during Indy's nap time or risk her choking on the thousands of beads laying on the coffee table. They have kits at the craft stores (I didn't know this) and hubby picked one up for the babe to work on by herself. Everything was included and the wires were soldered together for her. When I attempted to solder, it smoked a bit but then the iron just conked out. We ended up wrapping thinner wire around the middle portion of the snowflakes we created outside of the kit she had. (I guess it's back to Home Depot...you get what you pay for. Don't spend $12.00 on a soldering iron and expect it to work.)

Finally, I've been ravenous as of late and so has hubby. I sort of lost control on the Halloween candy yesterday, but made up for it by working out fifteen additional minutes this morning. Hubby thinks we're subconsciously trying to pad for the winter. Um, there will be no padding this year. I'm in my skinny jeans...can't loose that. I've worked too hard.

3 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Ahh; Christmas time is near, I must say you sound better prepared for it than I this year.

(I'm pretty slack After Christmas too; one year the tree was still up in July!)

Enchantress said...

July, eh? I bet that was a sight. Did friends or neighbors give you a hard time about it? I heard on the radio a story, just yesterday, about this lady's mother who leaves her tree up, too. She redecorates it for each holiday; Valentine's, St. Patrick's, Mother's day. Usually with cards she's received. That must be a sight, too.

Icey said...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! We will have three trees this year, the main one and two tabletop ones, one red and the other hot pink. I am having our annual brunch but I am thinking of changing it to Christmas Eve dinner. I figure everyone will want to go home after getting them some Jesus no matter how good bacon and eggs and homemade waffles sound!