Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February Still Flying like a Jet-Plane

I had the rug pulled out from under me, last week. I hope to go into more details in a couple of weeks about the entire situation; however, I will say that it will change everything about my work-life. The only consistency in life is change, right? All I can do is pray and put it into God's hands...otherwise, I'll loose my mind with stress and anxiety.

Aside from work, hubby and I had a lovely Valentine's weekend. We spent Friday as a family and bowled, bowled, bowled. Indy was tired even before the first game finished. Lesson learned- only one game if we're going as a family.

My sister kept my kids over night from Saturday into Sunday. Hubby and I went to see Wolf.man (wait for the red box if you must see it, although I wouldn't recommend it), then off to dinner at Lone St.ar. I had the sweet bourbon grilled Salmon (yum) and he had the steak. After which, we picked up a bottle of spirits to take back to our hotel room, along with a cheesecake from the bakery (double-yum). Next, we went by a club in the Hilton, but the vibe was a little strange. Then, we headed to another club. Me and hubby at the club. Wow. It's been years.

The crowd was twenty somethings and thirty somethings. The theme? Mardi gras. Boas, beads, face painting. It was a veritable circus with a disco ball, in there! Hubby and I danced, but people watched mostly. It was hilarious! I hope we never acted like that (something tells me we didn't). One lady walked up to me and said, "Hey, sexy," hugged me and then pounded. Huh? Who are you? I asked my hubby if it was someone he knew. He said no. Oh, man. Perhaps I looked like someone she knew? Oh, well.

Round midnight, we headed back to the hotel for drinks and cheesecake. It was a wonderful evening. We ate breakfast Sunday morning and watched Couples R.etreat at home. It was pretty cute, but I was more excited to just have time with hubby. Sis brought the girls home around 1:00pm and they were most pleased with their day, too.

It's been great having my sister watch the kids these past few weekends. Hubby thinks we're going to go into "dating" withdrawal. I think he's right.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I had a good laugh at your case of mistaken identity. Lucky for her she was glad to see you and didn't try to attack or who knows what would have happened to her. . .

Enchantress said...

GC - No kidding! I hadn't thought about that. She could have turned ghetto and accused me of taking her man. Yeah...the real-life version was much safer. :)