Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Flu

That's what the doc said I had. The flu. My flu came with a cough (still coughing a bit). No flu I've ever had came with a cough. The guy at the emergency room, who examined my daughter earlier this year, said that the cough was the "different"symptom with H1N1. So, did I have it? Pig flu? Could it be? I'm being a good girl, laying off the strenuous exercise, drinking my juice, resting. I've sucked on about a thousand cough drops, but things are improving. In fact, I've felt better today than I've felt in a bit, aside from the sore throat.

It all began Thursday, September 24th. I went home with my throat feeling like it was going to close up. I initially thought it was something I ate and I was having some sort of reaction. I took some benadryl and called it good. The next day, aside from the lingering benadryl effects, I felt okay. I worked without trouble but by 2:30pm, things started to go south. I felt like stir-fried crap and it only got worse. I took some meds then went to see A Chorus Line with my mom, sister and daughter. It was great, but I sneezed through a big portion of it.

Saturday, I stayed around the house. I left only to pick up juice and lunch for my hubby and his friend (who, thankfully, installed our new water heater and dish washer). I rested and played The Price is Right (I'm really loving that game).

Sunday, was a bit better. I was on Sudafed and cough drops. Same with Monday, but the afternoon was hard (probably because the air conditioning went out and it was hot as hell in our offices). That never helps with the healing process.

I went to the doctor, thinking I may have strep when the sore throat came on with a vengeance this morning. The good news was that I was feeling more like myself. He checked me out; no swollen glands, chest sounded good, no fever, lungs clear and a negative on the strep test. I'll just keep being a good girl and get better. Wonder if one of my snotty-nosed kids or their friends gave this to me? Well, maybe now I'm immune.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better lady. I'm sorry, but I had to LOL @ stir-fried crap. That's a colorful way to put it.

Enchantress said...

...and quite the visual too, I'm sure. Lol! :)