Tuesday, September 01, 2009

EbonyEnchantress Gets a Workout

I've been putting that site into over-drive, while neglecting this one. I really should take the first day of September (the month of change) to make a change and post here. Tah-dah! Here I am...posting!

Life has been busy, busy, busy. With my new weight-loss/workout regime, I've been burning off the fat and trying to look more like a woman and less like a walrus. There's been a lot of stress and the cankers are back with a vengeance. I also have to wonder if, through the course of eating a more cleanly diet, the virus is just shedding. I suppose that's possible, too. I just hate them with a passion, though. Ugh!

So, my department has grown by two people in a little over two weeks (the other person starts next Tuesday). That's insane to me, but completely necessary. We have the largest group of students starting today than we've ever had in the history of the University. That's exciting and intimidating. I hope we don't crack from the strain.

My girls will start dance next week. Both are so excited! My youngest will tell anybody who will listen (perfect strangers!) that she's "going to dance jazz" when she's a big girl (which just happens to be next week). Boy, we become a big girl quickly, don't we? The eldest started gymnastics last week and also has a class today. It's funny. Over the summer, she put on a bit of weight and height. Initially, I thought she was putting on puberty weight then I thought about it. She's been pretty sedentary and the activities are about to kick up in a big way again. I have a sneaking suspicion that my once petite chocolate-chip will be petite once again. How could she not with two hours of gymnastics and an hour of dance per week, not to mention all the running around at school.

Married life...is, well...strange right now. I've confessed my feelings of loneliness to my dear hubby and it has him all in a quandary. I don't want him to give up the things he loves for me, or he will be miserable but I also don't want to lose the time I have with him or I'm miserable. It's been very difficult these last few days. Trying to talk and feeling the strain of our thought processes behind the talking. I'm not sure what will happen, but we've both said we still love each other very deeply. That has never changed.

I stopped writing again. Surprise, surprise; however, I did churn out a children's story that I actually completed (based on recent events with our missing Chihuahua). It's actually pretty good and encourages children to adopt animals from the shelter. I have a friend whose hubby is an artist. I may work with him to bring the story to life. Wouldn't it be awesome if it were ever published? A girl can dream...

2 comments:

Dee said...

A girl must dream!
Congratulations on your childrens story. I'm looking forward to hearing the developments.

Enchantress said...

Thanks! I'm sorry I'm just seeing your response. It's been a little nutty at work. I'm sure you've noticed the lack of posts.

BTW, Congrats again, newlywed!