Monday, September 21, 2009

When Good Weekends Disappear

It was just wonderful! We didn't do anything spectacular, but we spent a lot of time together. I think, for the first time in a long time, hubby dear saw the benefits of having that precious time we've been missing. I've been trying to tell him for months that it's the most important thing to me, in regards to our relationship. The weekend flew by and, this time, I wasn't depressed about a bad weekend turning into just another week at work. This time, I was elated at having such a great weekend but sad at seeing it disappear. I believe hubby felt the same way.

My trip home is in a couple of weeks and he's already getting mopey about it. He's anticipating missing me, which I think is sweet and a bit sad. I don't feel it yet because, as is always the case with me, I don't feel the effects until I'm right at the cliff. It will be the day I leave getting onto the airplane that I'll fee the twangs of sadness. He's already talking about, "When you're gone..." and the things he'll try to do to keep himself occupied. I keep reminding him that the kids will be with him and, when they're at school, he'll have all that time to himself. I don't think he's seeing the benefits right now but I'm hoping he will in the next few days.

The first day of fall is just about here! I'm so excited and I keep looking for all the wonderful colors. Some trees have started to change, but not many. We did wake up to 49 degrees this morning (a sure sign that fall is on the way). Hubby keeps asking me when it is so he can turn on the Halloween lights. Halloween lights? For real?! He cracks me up. Again, he's said, "I'm not going to put up a lot of stuff this Christmas." Okay, he says this every year. No kidding! Track back to old posts around this time? Sure as I'm breathing, I've typed this before. He just can't help himself. He's got a 10 year-old kid living inside him that just loves holidays.

The babe is getting challenged in dance, now. The group is nearly double at 13 as opposed to the 6 strong they were last year. The routine is harder, but oh so cute. They had a 3.5 hour choreography session on Saturday. They were dead, when I picked her up, but happy. I'm glad she's still enjoying all this. Some of them looked like they weren't there for good times. I wonder how long they will remain 13, with all of what I saw Saturday?

I got my hair done on Saturday as well and it's longer than I normally keep it. This was due to the general consensus of the shop, that day. My beautician asked if I wanted to trim it and I asked the ladies currently there what they thought. All agreed that I should keep it long, so I did. As soon as I stepped inside the house, my hubby was in awe. He was happy she finished early, but also happy it was so long (about the middle of my back)...claiming it would be great to pull um, later on. Nice. It's still a bit tender and it's starting to itch. The first week is always uncomfortable.

Friday, the babe and I will see A Chorus Line. Of course, she has no idea but I think she'll enjoy it immensely. I just hope my sister maintains herself. She can be oh, so irritating.

2 comments:

Dee said...

sounds good to me--weekends make the week bearable. When we can't enjoy our weekends it's tough to even act like a human being.

Enchantress said...

Too true!