Tuesday, February 12, 2008

So Very Tired

I've been keeping some odd hours, lately, and it has me feeling a cynlinder short. I've got to get better at going to bed on time. The funny thing is that I sort of did get to bed at a decent hour, last night (approximately 9:15pm), but hubby and I were arguing and I think going to bed knowing he was irritated and I was irritated made for not-so-healthful sleep. We're becoming a bit short-tempered with each other again and I'm not sure why. Things have been on the up and up for a while now. I guess I took for granted how well things were going that I didn't perceive any further bumps along the road (which of course, there are always going to be).

This new plan he has me on does exactly what it's supposed to do. I'm dropping weight again, I'm tightening up and size 10s and 8s are my new best friends. It's also having many more internal effects that I imagined. We splurged on Sunday (A&W triple Papa Burger, anyone) and Monday morning, I felt like someone had backed over me with their car. Ugh, just nasty! My stomach was boiling, I was really gassy and I just didn't feel like myself. By the time I had finished working out (45 minutes on the elliptical), I felt worlds better and by the end of the day (several meals of low carbs, veggies and protein), I was me again. Who would've thought! I guess I'm getting adjusted to this "clean" way of eating.

My girls are growing up so fast. I was looking at Indy and her height just amazes me! People think she's three and she just turned two. Then there's the babe, who will be petite all her life but her eyes say something so much more. You look into her eyes and you know she's thinking...thinking large and big about this complex life we live in. She can't possibly verbalize what her eyes share with the world. I honestly don't think she'd want to, even if she could.

Did you see the Grammys the other night? I was happy to see Amy pick up so many awards for her amazing talent. I don't think she was in her best form for the performance (but it was 4ish in the morning London time, so I think she should be forgiven). I hope these wins help her to realize just how much she can do and that being cracked out all the time is just going to take all that away.

No comments: