Monday, March 13, 2006

Yesterday, I saw Grass in my Backyard


Freaky weather is the other name March should have. We've had a whole gambit of it! A few weeks of 60 degree, near perfect weather turned into a blizzard almost overnight. Yesterday, before church, I let the dog out and could see the brown in are backyard becoming green again. I thought, "Hey, spring is near. Hallelujah!" Then, as if a switch had been flipped during service, we left the building to buckets and buckets of snow...I'm talking inches being dumped at a time within minutes. We ran to the car and as we sat inside, watched as snow quickly recovered my windows just as fast as hubby brushed the snow off. It was nuts!

It took us about 40 minutes to get home in white-out conditions. Both hubby and I were hoped up on coffee, so we kept on chatting and chatting, which made me more and more nervous (I didn't get a lot of sleep and neither did he, hence the coffee. Neither of us drinks it much.) Thank God we got home safely! After the conditions we had, it's no wonder we had this many accidents.

We've (hubby and I) have been working on constructing the family budget. Interestingly, I'm the one more focused about it and it was his idea. He keeps stalling on giving me the receipts and stuff...we'll, maybe not stalling. Maybe he's just afraid of what the computer is going to spit back at us, once it tallies up our monthly expenses. He may find that he only gets a $3.oo entertainment budget or something...who knows. I keep pestering him and he says he'll give me the remaining stuff today, since many of the checks he wrote last week will have cleared. We'll see. We've also been talking about our vacation this year, since I still have those freebee round-trip tickets I have to take before September. We're not sure what we want to do, but we know we're going to take the girls. Wow! Indy's first trip and she's not even a year!

Quality time is limited again and I can see it's having an effect on both of us. I'm glad his three days off are coming up but, it also depresses me a little because they always go so fast. I look forward to the time when we can nitch out days to be with each other that are not dependent on work or schedules. I guess we'll be retired by then...

School is going okay for the babe, but I think her new teacher has "stuff" she wants to talk to me and hubby about. On the babe's first day, she said that she would be calling us at the end of their term to discuss our babe's academic level. She would have to have her in class for a bit before she would be able to tell, which makes sense. I had to call Friday to find out about an upcoming field trip, but she wasn't available. When she called back, the babe answered the phone. When she handed me the receiver, her teacher was giggling a bit and she said something like the babe was a character or something (I didn't quite get what she said), but then she said, I'll schedule time to talk to you. Dang it! Why does it feel like going to the Principal's office, even when it's not you? Does that feeling ever go away? It seems so stupid to get apprehensive, but I am. We've been through so much with her. I just want things to be okay.

Back on the weight-loss band wagon...seriously! When I returned to work, everyone brought stuff for a pot-luck for me. Hard to watch what to eat when people have brought food in your honor. Then, I was asked to lunch with friends. I was good and didn't order anything crazy, but a lot of damage from the first day had already been done. I resided on working hard at watching things the remainder of the week. Over the weekend, I got organized and came up with a menu for this week (that worked well, the last time I was training/eating right). I'll try to keep this up, if I can. It's so much healthier for, not only me, but the babe as well. This way, I can also maintain her sugar levels so she's not going nuts and losing her mind.

The immediate goal is to try and loose ten pounds by Easter. It's a realistic goal, if I stick to my guns. Hubby is supposed to help with the kids, so that I'll have time to work out. I'm hopeful. I know how much of a difference just a few pounds makes on my short frame. I can't wait until I can get back into all of my clothes!

2 comments:

Dee said...

ten lbs?! yikes. I don't have a 1/4 your responsibilities and I don't think I'll even manage to lose five. Go on wit yo bad self.
I'll be cheering you on from the mall while I'm buying bigger clothes.

Enchantress said...

Well, I was hopeful. I maybe buying bigger clothes at the mall right along with you. Easter candy is out (as well as TOM) and I just can't seem to leave it alone! LOL