Monday, March 27, 2006

Our First Date



...well, since the baby was born, anyway. Hubby and I went out alone on Saturday night; dinner and a movie. It was so weird! My neighbor kept both girls. Then, hubby and I drove around for a bit, trying to figure out what we were going to get into. We decided on dinner at Red Lobster. I had the stuffed flounder, while he opted for the blackened catfish. Unfortunately, his was totally tasteless. I felt bad but, what can you do? It's pretty much not worth sending anything back these days. People can get downright nasty in the kitchen.

We both had Bahama Mamas, made with Captain morgan spiced rum. Yum! Then, we went to see V for Vendetta. It was much better than I thought it was going to be. I was ready to wait for its release on video, but I'm so glad I saw it on the big screen. I was not familiar with this super hero of DC Comics but it was a very intriguing story. It's dark, so I wouldn't recommend it to those who like the happier kind of comics.

After the movie, we hurried home to get the girls. A storm was coming in and the wind was blowing about 60 mph. It was crazy! Really warm winds, which indicate major precipitation. The next morning, our yard was covered...about 4 inches. Thankfully, the streets were clear. The day warmed up quickly so by lunchtime, the snow was gone.

Too bad Sunday wasn't as fun as Saturday. After church, hubby and I got into it and that pretty much ruined the day. Things aren't great today, but at least we're talking again. It's not even worth going into why we got into it because it was so stupid and petty. Oh, well. I can only hope our stubborn streaks reside enough for us to enjoy the rest of his time off (tonight). He goes back to work tomorrow night. I hate losing days with him on his days off. It's happened before.

I've been working from home today. I'm happy that it hasn't been too busy. We have a lunch date with one of our vendors tomorrow. I hope we go somewhere good or, at least, somewhere I can stay on my plan but still enjoy myself. Which reminds me; I've got to find time to work out today.

Hubby took the babe to see Curious George. I don't know why he didn't take her over the weekend or save it for next weekend. My hope is to always reward good behavior and I think it's always best to wait and see how she's going to do in school before promising a reward. I just don't want things to go back to the way they were. I hope she did well, today. He picked her up so, I didn't hear the daily report. Tomorrow is teacher conference day and I'm really praying we get a good report...I just don't think I can handle anymore bad news.

The baby had a fit, of sorts this afternoon. She cried for a half hour straight, after being fed and changed. Okay, so it was more like wailing. Holding her didn't even make her feel better. Finally, I put her in her swing and let her cry herself out. It worked! She's still swinging after an hour. I'm glad I found something to calm her bad addled nerves. She was so upset, poor thing. Now, she's sleeping...well, like a baby.

1 comment:

Miss Construed... said...

Hi there Enchantress
I always like to say hi when I've read someone's blog for longer than five minutes- and so at least if you read your blog's site-meter summary you won't wonder about who the strange Australian was who read for longer than half an hour was- even down to the '100 things about me'. Being thiry two with two kids and a hubby myself I must have wanted to see what else we may have had in common. Alas- I am a Virgo.
I'll be back to read some more another time- but in the meantime good luck with that book you said you were writing. I'm enjoying what I've read so far anyway.
Ps I nearly choked on an easter egg when you said you were about ready to rape a pole- but I absolutely know the feeling girl.Lol.