Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!


...and I'm still pregnant. No luck on having the New Year's baby and getting all the free stuff, dang it. Would have been nice, but no dice. Instead, my hubby and I watched the ball drop (as we've done since we got together in '97) then had our new year's kiss. He said, "Man, we're like an old couple," well, yeah, but there's something to be said about time and consistency. It was all very sweet.

We stayed up watching a bit of t.v. and listening to the ruckus outside (fireworks and such). The cop who lives across the street turned on their patrol car lights and sirens, once the clock ticked over. That was interesting. At around 2 ish, we retired to the bedroom and followed through with another tradition...woohoo! I'm almost to my tenth month of pregnancy and still have no problem with my libido (just my variety). When you're nearly 40 pounds over your normal weight (with most of it being in one place), it makes for limited creativity in the bedroom. I will say, at the sake of TMI, I was glad to have his "boys". It's supposed to encourage labor. We'll see...

So, I've had consistent contractions again this morning (since around 4:30ish). They're a bit different, but I'm afraid to do anything really until I know for sure. I'm so tired of "fall alarms", you know? They're more intense and I'm feeling them in my back as well as in my front. Again, I'm not saying a damn thing until I feel like I gotta crawl to get from place to place. To pass the time, I've been working to try and keep my mind off the discomfort. I just get so tired of not knowing what's real. So, time will tell.

Before New Year's, hubby went to his friends for a party (the evening of the 30th). Remember, this was his time to get "trashed" and let loose. Okay, I can respect that. So, I didn't wait up for him per se, but since I'm up every hour anyway, I was kind of hoping he would drag himself home really early and sleep out the remainder of his morning at home. By the time I was really ready to awaken (8:3o...totally late for me), no hubby. I called his cell...nothing. I waited an hour, then called again...nothing. Waited a half hour, called again. This time, I left a message. Another half hour, left another message. After that, me and the babe got dressed and went to the mall. (For some reason, this child loves the mall). I wanted to get out of the house before I went crazy with worry. I also wanted to give the babe an outing of some sort, since her daddy had promised to take she and I to the movies that afternoon.

So, off to the mall we went, walking around only for about half an hour before she said, "Okay, mommy. Can we go now?" We went to our favorite, Chinese buffet and had lunch together. As we sat there, she eyed something behind me on the wall and said, "Mommy, what's that green and white thing on the wall over there?" Honestly, I didn't see what she was talking about and gave her a blank, "I don't know, honey." She says (really trying to figure it out), "You see it, mommy? It's right there, next to the Budda." Huh? How in the world did she know Budda? "You know Budda," I ask her. "Yes. If you touch the Budda, he will make you strong and give you power." Well, who knew! I probed a bit more and learned that they studied him a bit in class. I was so happy that she was made aware, if only to understand that there are other religions and she should be respectful of them.

After lunch, we came home and got ready for our nap but before I put her down, I tried hubby one more time. He answered. I was pissed! I let him have it until the phone died about two minutes later. Basically, my beef was with the fact that he didn't call or anything to check on me. Your wife is one hundred months pregnant? You check on her ass - end of discussion. He claimed that the phone died, but I claimed that there are other phones besides cell phones. Find a freakin' land line, man!

I hate that when I get upset and angry, I cry. I don't want to come off like I'm weak and I always feel that's how it appears. I went downstairs to bawl some more, when he came home shortly thereafter. He apologized for being a big an ass and not calling and admitted that there was no excuse. He said that he would wake up and hear his boys laughing (probably at his snoring), the pass out again. By the time he was really awake, he went to get the phone and there were no cells on the battery. (Again, we do still have access to phones that are grounded by wires and trunk lines) We talked more then adjourned upstairs to our room, where he cuddled with me for about an hour. Sometimes, all you need is a little love to put out the fire. He then made good on his promise and took me and the babe to see King Kong. Awesome!

2 comments:

Icey said...

lol@one hundred months pregnant. Happy to hear you and huns made nice!

Enchantress said...

Thanks and I'm thrilled to hear about your focus on "you" for the new year. I know that it will make everything in your life that much better.