Monday, November 23, 2009

Two-Day Work Week

Life's sweet treats! Even better when you go an entire week without working. Oh, good times await (I hope).

This year, I've been asked to bake the Costco Caramel Cake for Thanksgiving. There are lots of reviews online from various people who've tried it. I hope it's as good as everyone says. It was my mother's idea for me to try it. Normally, I bake my rum cake or my apple crumble. This may turn out to be a staple for future pot-lucks, if it's as tasty as I think it will be.

We got snow yesterday! After leaving the theater (New Moon, for my oldest), the car was covered in the white stuff. The streets were a bit slushy, but I just took my time and drove the three minutes home. Little danger, thankfully. I did hear there were many accidents on the highway.

"Just keep the white stuff away until we don't have to drive in it, please."

Hubby was off today, so we had lunch together. Nothing special. Just lounging on the couch with our respective choices from the fridge. We giggled at "Living Sing.le" episodes on the tele and talked about the errands he has to run. This got me thinking about the other items I need to pick up for my girls and hubby for Christmas. It gets tricky when you always have a kid with you (and Santa is still a strong presence in our family). Dad may have to put in some babysitting time.

I found out recently that a divorce has occurred with the family down the street. We noticed we hadn't seen the dad's truck in a while. Then, hubby and I had our cable installed. Hubby asked the contractor if he knew our neighbor. "Oh, yeah. He moved to Wyoming." Wyoming? Turns out he got a job there and has pulled up stakes. The contractor said that he and his wife separated, but after hubby talked with the neighbor and the subject came up, the marriage is officially done. It's sad to hear, but I'm hoping that everything is for the best. They have two, very active boys and I really hope mom is able to take care of everything they have going on. They participate in every known sport. I hope she can carpool with the taxi duties.

2 comments:

Dee said...

ouch!
divorce is a cancer.
It's too bad he couldn't be a little closer.

Miss Construed... said...

'Dad may have to put in some babysitting time.'

What the??

I thought it was called Parenting!

Love rn xx