Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Movie at the Theater? Really?!

Hubby and I caught Hellboy II at the local theater this past weekend. Really! We even took Indy with us (the babe was invited to a sleepover, so she was not with us). Indy was intrigued by the first one, calling him "the monkey", so we figured she'd be okay in the theater and she was (to our delight). I thought it was fun, but the first one had a better story with much more heart. Mr. Del Toro's infusion of "Pan's Labyrin.yth" type elements was a nice touch and the special effects were cool. They also left room for a third installment, but I'm not sure that's a wise move.

Still haven't seen "the bat", but I'm anxious. There's a special place in my hear for the DC Comic characters (especially my girl). After seeing the animated movie from red box, the special features teased me with a trailer for the Wonder Woman animated movie, coming out next spring. I was thrilled!

I had a nice surprise last night...a call from my best friend in high school. We talked for about half an hour about our families, our lives and the current culture climate in Utah and Tennessee. It was, as always, an eye-opener hearing about all the changes. I'm not due back until next year and I can only imagine how much will have changed by then. Two hours later, my college best friend called! I felt so loved and realized that I really need to put my "free" minutes into use on the weekends and talk to these ladies.

Hubby is training folks again, and this time, he's getting paid. He's not the most organized person, when it comes to business. I can foresee a lot of paper work and such being handle by moi. So far, transactions have occurred without receipts (not good). He says he's on the hunt for a good receipt book and I was like, "Honey, it really doesn't matter what it costs. You don't have to be super frugal...you'll probably right it off anyway." We've never done the personal business thing before and we've still got a lot to learn, but I definitely know that the money needs to be documented.

I started weight training again, yesterday morning and I'm paying for it today. The front and back of my arms, my chest and even my shoulders are in agony. Lactic acid is definitely to blame, so I'm trying to drink my water like a good girl. Tonight, we're supposed to paint and wash cars. I was going to try to work in some cardio, but we'll see how time plays out. Tomorrow? Leg day. I think I'll roll over and die now, thank you.

No comments: