Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Stuff

My eldest still doesn't have a summer placement, but she seems to be having the time of her life despite a daily place to go. She stayed with the neighbors last week on the two days I came into the office. This week, she's hanging with a friend. Unfortunately, the friend and her siblings got into major trouble while the babe was over there, but I was happy to hear that my own behaved herself appropriately. She even helped with the sweeping and the mopping!

Yesterday was hubby's birthday and we got him Jumper as his gift. We also took him to dinner where he ate a buffet of authentic Mexican cuisine. He was very happy. Afterwards, it was off to Krisp.y Krem.e for treats. The girls had a blast and in the midst, I got a call from my neighbor (the one who kept my eldest, the babe, last week) inviting her over for a sleepover. We got home and quickly packed her backpack with next-day digs and toiletries. Her very first sleepover (the neighbor's daughter's birthday is today). We all walked the babe over, gift in tow and chatted with them while the girls played.

Back home, hubby and I spent quality time together and enjoyed more Krisp.y Kreme.s (I'm feeling it today...even after the workout). This morning, with just me and the baby, we talked about potty training. She was good about taking off her pants quickly, after the accidents, but she still hasn't gone in the pot. We'll continue to try.

The eldest came home just a little bit ago and told me about her good time. She wanted to watch the Simp.sons, so I put that in for her. They must have played really hard because she sleeping, sleeping, sleeping (meanwhile, I can hear her sister talking to herself from her crib...silly girl).

Two more days before we're off for vacation. Sleeping in, eating what we like, swimming, playing...can't it start right now?

1 comment:

Dee said...

well, hey, an unstructured summer might be just the ticket this year