Thursday, June 05, 2008

In the Mood, but Tired

Hubby says that passion and desire will overrule tiredness. I don't know...I've been in the mood for the last few days but sleep has overruled each time. I told him that if we'd stop keeping such late hours, he'd be a much happier hubby. I'm going to make the effort to make sure kids are in bed on time and hubby is ready for couple time earlier rather than later. I hope I succeed. Every time I say I'm going to do something, it usually ends with whatever I've had in mind blowing up in my face.

Speaking of which, I've added to my "wish list to life" again. I'd sort of forgotten about it, but then realized that it's a never ending project that needs attention every once in a while. Some wishes are added or removed, some need appending and some just change their feel entirely. I feel like creating the list makes it real and closer to being a fact than just a wish.

My eldest had her recital last night (third from the last group on the program. Oy!). It was a long night, but she was fabulous. She also received a Student of the Year award from her teacher. She was so thrilled and we were thrilled for her. My coworker came in support (as she did last year). What a peach to drive thirty miles in the rain to support your co worker's daughter's endeavors!

Today, she goes back to the neighbor's house (this is after the incident I described in the last post). She took them her apology letter yesterday and the mother called to tell her that she forgives her and thinks that she's a sweet girl. I hope so. I really do.

The daycare/camp I want to use is still filled and I'm starting to get a little nervous. What will I do next week? Where will she go? I suppose my neighbor would be OK keeping her again, but I really don't want this to become an everyday thing. I don't want to "wear out our welcome" as it were, with our neighbors. Plus, my eldest needs lots of stimulation and things to do. She's a better kid when she's crazy busy. I guess I'll add this to my wish list, too.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Hi Enchantress
I have no idea about daycare and kids and stuff but if you have a regular church that you attend, perhaps they have a program (often my church's program is FREE) that she could be at for a little bit until you get everything straightened out. Or maybe that was already your daycare plan.
:-\

Enchantress said...

I hadn't thought of that, GC. My church is in the town where I work, so it's very possible that they have something. My only worry is that they will be done before I am (won't hurt to check it out, though). Thanks for the inspiration! (That's twice you done this for me today). ;)