Thursday, June 14, 2007

Paint Food Color

The projects are moving full steam ahead. Last night, we painted the office (which we've decided will now be the extra, spare bedroom) and it's quite lovely. The color? Crisp Croissant (where do they come up with these?). Three of our rooms are currently painted in food colors; cocoa brown, almond paste and now, crisp croissant. Perhaps it's a trend of our home. It definitely makes it easy to remember, in case we have to pick up more.

Hubby and I talked a bit about painting the current work-out room (former, extra spare bedroom) because he's not happy with the powder blue he painted it last year. I feel a "paint food color" coming. Happily, he started before I arrived and my contribution consisted of painting the corners, top portions and missing spots. Afterwards, we scraped up mortar from the tiles and prepped the room for grouting today. Sounds like fun? Actually, it kind of does to me. It was fun working and spending time with hubby. We talked a lot while we worked and, even though he was a bit irritated that I didn't come looking for him initially when I came home, he got past it quickly and we had a good time.

Uncle kept the kids and Indy even seemed happy to spend time with him. I suppose she's gotten used to him without my knowledge. I thought she was still a bit apprehensive, but not so. He fed her and got her ready for bed, even. What a good kid. (He also mowed the lawn and washed the dishes, yesterday. Nice.)

The babe is still enthralled with her summer camp/day care. She's always so eager to go, has made a host of new friends, and each afternoon wonders why I'm there so early. I just wish it didn't cost so much (about $100 dollars a week...ugh!) Let's not forget, we pay for Indy's daycare, too. Did my name become Rockefeller, Vanderbilt or Hilton without my knowledge?

On top of that, I shelled out money on a flight back home this fall (I couldn't pass it up. The rate was awesome!). I'll be pulling that money out of my butt, now. Seems like that's usually where it comes from these days anyway. How do I justify this lavish expense? It's my turn to return home and see my best friend. Our promise, made nearly ten years ago, has yet to be broken. I also think about when it was my turn in 2005 and I spent over $400 dollars for my flight. The $202 including taxes and fees doesn't seem nearly so bad.

The weekend looks like it's going to be a scorcher and hubby's plans to hike may be thwarted. I'm in fear that they will melt into a chocolate puddle somewhere, never to be seen again. I suggested water play in the front yard; refreshing and enjoyable for the whole family.

2 comments:

Dee said...

having a best friend is nice. Not too many people over the age of 10 can say they have one.

Enchantress said...

I hadn't thought of it, but you're probably right. ;)