Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Dance Recital

The babe will be performing to the song that's hopefully appearing on this blog today. She is so excited and I'm too excited for her. She'll have a small posse supporting her in the audience.

My brother-in-law is here and got here a week ago today. He's a different kid since the last time he was here. It's amazing what a couple of years will do to the maturity level of a young man. He's been keeping the babe for us until we can get her summer care arranged and he's been doing a great job. She loves hanging out with her uncle, although I'm sure she'll be bored before the week's end. She needs lots of stimulation and an outlet for all that energy she has. I don't think daily visits to the park are going to be enough. Thankfully, her summer care will begin next Monday as will her first, official gymnastic class. My kid; the human string of puddy.

Hubby and I are okay, but we're still talking about couples counseling. I think we need it for the sanity of ourselves and our marriage. Every vehicle needs a tune up now and again, right? I hope he can find something soon before this idea falls off the radar. We don't want anymore episodes like our last vacation and the blow up a few weeks ago.

I hope to have a nice date planned for hubby and I this weekend. He says he's waiting to hear back from the guy who's going to give him the information on how to build our deck this Friday. That's also the evening of our date, but that may not happen if this guy comes over. Oh, well. I guess I could use the money to buy a quick gift. Truth be told? I'd much rather have the date. My mother is already keeping Indy over night and the "uncle" has agreed to watch the babe if me and hubby go out.

It's 44 degrees today and not expected to get much warmer. Crazy! We went from 90 degree days to this in just two days? Global warming...hmm....

2 comments:

Dee said...

re Hubby and I are okay, but we're still talking about couples counseling. I think we need it for the sanity of ourselves and our marriage. Every vehicle needs a tune up now and again, right?

yes yes yes!!!
not that it matters much but I totally agree. You can't run a corporation without having regular meetings and occasionally calling in consultants. You don't send your kids to school and expect never to have Parent/Teacher conferences. Marriages need meetings too even if it's just for the counselor to give you a high five and tell you you're a heck of a lot better at being married than most.

Miss Construed... said...

Who can work out the weather?

Eastern Australia; we're in 'the worst drought we've been in for 100 years'...and yet it's pissed down 100 mm in just two days; and no sign of letting up! Must be because it's the June Long Weekend!

Good for the farmers- and yet all I think about is skidding around in the wet conditions on my bald tyres!