Monday, December 11, 2006

Starting Over

My mother has a new puppy; a black and tan coonhound. He's quite the character, from what I saw on Saturday. He's about half a year and has energy to spare...quite the opposite of her Rottie, in his last days. She's been spending a lot of time playing with him and running him around the yard. "He never seems to get tired," she said. He's very cute and has one of those amazing, guttural barks. Once he acquires a few manners (some training will do nicely), he'll be a great companion.

I've had a headache for the past two days and I rarely get them. I've also been drinking everything accept water. So, I've deduced I'm probably very dehydrated. It will be water, water, water for me today. I was doing really well with my workouts the week before last, then hubby and I both slacked all of last week. He'll be going to the gym this morning and I'll be motivating myself to come home and do something after work (with this headache, the idea of getting on the elliptical trainer was not appealing at all).

Only a week and a half or so more before I'm off for the holidays (I hope). There's this training that I have to attend, looming over my head, and I am not looking forward to it. Who schedules training the week before the holidays? Ugh! Supposedly, it's the only time the trainer can come in and work with us. I really find that hard to believe, but okay. I just wish we could have done this at the beginning of December rather than next week. Then, people could have scheduled the time off they really wanted.

Oh, and the shopping. We went to the mall last night. What a madhouse! I try to avoid stores in general, during the holidays (only trying to go early in the morning or late at night) but I had to get something from a store in the mall for my mother-in-law. People, people everywhere...seriously. We were bumping into people from both sides. I'm so glad I knew what I needed, knew where to go then got the heck out of there. I'll be so glad when I'm done and don't have to endure the crowds anymore. Yeesh! Just stopping at the grocery store now is a chore.

5 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Coonhound? He looks to me like what we call a Basset Hound. Very cute though- whatever he may be...

Icey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Icey said...

It must be soemthing in the darn air...we have a new dog too! A terrier!

As far as shopping goes, I love it. I hate the crowds. Internet shopping will be all the rage for me this year!! I just need to get in the spirit to actually do it!

Feel better

Enchantress said...

rn_buffoon - He does, kinda (Bassets, not sure about there but), here are shorter to the ground with really long ears. Coonhounds are taller and leaner. Both dogs are great for families. I think he's pretty cute too. :)

Icey - Good to "see" you! Internet shopping is always top choice for me (since I despise the crowds). I wish I'd gotten started earlier. Congrats on the puppy! What's his/her name?

Dee said...

Yay! A puppy! Puppies are nice.

As for shopping, I'm with Icey. I'll be checking for that little padlock in the lower right hand of my screen to keep my days merry a bright!