Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I Feel Pretty

At least, today I do. I haven't for a while and mostly it's because of the baby weight that's still plaguing me. But, even with the baby weight and all, I'm feeling kinda hot. Crimson, off-the-shoulder sweater with a very large, ornate, rhinestone choker. Black dress slacks and some sparkly, gold flats I bought from Ross a couple of months ago (intended for my Halloween costume, but that didn't quite work out). I'm actually wearing make-up (rare for me) with Mac eyes in gold-dust along with my Ardell lashes (not sure if mine are the same model as in the picture, but they look like them).

My other reason for feeling pretty isn't just what's happening on the outside, but what's been said that's affected how I feel on the inside. I got home yesterday, after a pretty awful day, to two dozen, long-stemmed roses (pink and yellow). The babe announced that she had picked out the pink ones while her father picked out the yellow. My hubby said, "It's been too long since I've gotten you any flowers. You deserve them." So yeah, it's been a couple of months but I do know of people who have only ever received them from a boyfriend or spouse once or twice in the entire time of their relationship. I consider myself pretty fortunate.

After inhaling the perfume of my roses for a bit, I saw that he had prepared dinner (New York Sirloin, thank you very much), roasted potatoes and an amaretto sour to make the dinner complete (I know...no veggies, but who's complaining?). We watched Ice Age: The Meltdown as a family and then tucked the kids in directly after. I'm on the tail-end of TOM so, I spent the first part of the adult portion of the evening pleasuring my hubby. I love to, but usually end up frustrated because there's not much he can do besides tease when I'm in my current state. But, as I said, I'm on the tail-end so, I "took advantage of him" (his words this morning) last night and got mine. Woohoo! He was like, "You have no idea how disappointed I was when you woke me up and took advantage of me." Hmm... I'm sure I know just how disappointed you were. I really love when he's home.

I found out that my training from hell is only going to last two days, now. Hooray! I was really upset about the possibility of driving an hour for my commute into the heaviest, populated area of town, for four days straight. I can live with two days.

Speaking of which, I suppose I'd better get started on some work. This euphoria has a way with keeping one from the tasks at hand.

3 comments:

Dee said...

so, about this "hubby" you speak of, where can I get one of those?

Miss Construed... said...

Lucky indeed! In fifteen years I've gotten about ten roses from my Hubby; and they were mostly stolen out of my neighbours gardens when he knew he'd be in trouble!

What a good guy you have!

Enchantress said...

gc - If only they manufactured his model. I think mine wouldn't stay on the shelves. As it is, I do believe he's out there for you and (as crazy as this is going to sound), you can't look for him. He will come to you...probably in a way you never expected.

rn_buffoon: Haha! I suppose you could look at it like this; he loves you so much, he'd steal for you. (I know...things are always caramalized in my world). :)